the week of May 4th - 8th
Hi Fischer Families,
Happy May! We are in this together - stay connected and stay strong.
As a reminder, below is the link for the "One-Stop-Shop" website for remote learning at Fischer. This website has district links, contact links and remote learning links for each teacher.
Newly added to our website is a video Fischer staff created for our Falcons! Check it out!
The Today Show discusses Happiness
"Laurie Santos, a professor of psychology at Yale University who teaches the class “The Science of Well-Being” (an online version is presently free on Coursera), argues the importance of cultivating happiness for its potential health benefits alone. “There's evidence that positive moods can boost our immune system and can protect us from respiratory viruses, so it's not something to feel guilty about; it's a smart strategy just like washing our hands.”"
**See the full article, Today Show clip & other tips HERE.
Just for Fun
Here are National Days for the upcoming week. Enjoy and celebrate each day!
- National Star Wars Day - the official Star Wars website has the Top 5 Ways to celebrate today!
- Cinco de Mayo - the anniversary of Mexico's victory over France at the Battle of Puebla
- National Nurses Day - show our appreciation for all of our nurses!
- World Password Day! - Celebrate today by sharing a password tip on social media, changing an old password to a long, strong one or by turning on two-factor authentication for your important accounts.
- Have A Coke Day - Enjoy a tall glass of ice-cold Coca-Cola (or two). Use #NationalHaveACokeDay to share on social media