Royalston Community School
Exploring during science lessons
Afterschool Science Clubs
Our district is looking forward to opening the new elementary school next year. We need to amend our turnaround plan for our elementary schools (ACES and RCS) to reflect the new configuration. We will be holding an open meeting on April 28 from 4:00-6:00 in the Athol-Royalston Middle School Cafeteria to reflect on the effectiveness of our current turnaround plan and to identify areas of concern as we look to next year. All are invited to attend this meeting.
Become a volunteer in the Athol-Royalston Regional School District
Come to the volunteer training on April 28, 6:00-8:30 P.M. in the Athol-Royalston Middle School Cafeteria, and learn how you can advance student learning and help the District become an educational leader in Massachusetts.
What you can do as a volunteer depends on you. Some of the many possibilities:
· Work under a teacher in an elementary, middle school, or high school classroom.
· Talk with students about the work you do, to help them think about possible careers.
· Work with students in an area you’re skilled at, such as music or electronics.
· Work in a school office to help non-teaching staff.
· Tell students about places you’ve been or about other cultures that you know well.
Trainers Chuck Pretti, a former Pleasant St. School principal, and Phil Rabinowitz, a retired educator, will cover some basics about both the School District and about working with kids and teachers. Come see whether you and volunteering are a good match.
To sign up, please contact Julie Marynok in the Superintendent’s Office:
Phone: 978-249-2400 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher apreciation week
RCS Teacher Appreciation Week
May 2nd – 6th
RCS is lucky to have such AMAZING teachers! They care so much about our kids. They work hard every day to help support and challenge each and every one of them. We should show them this week – and always – just how much we appreciate them!
Monday: Teacher Breakfast Buffet – Breakfast is the most important meal, let’s make theirs great! If you would like to bring in a breakfast dish (muffins, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice or your new favorite Pinterest recipe, ect…). Please bring any breakfast items to school by 8:00 am. Breakfast will be in the faculty room.
Tuesday: Terrific Teach Tuesday – Is there something special your child’s teacher uses in their class? Or does your child’s teacher help with other school projects? If you would like to, please send in a classroom supply, or special gift for your child’s teacher to show how much you appreciate them.
Wednesday: Fun Fruit Day – Fruit can be a fun, healthy snack. Please send in fun fruit for your child’s teacher to enjoy!
Thursday: Thank You Thursday – Kids are creative! A picture or poem, a home-made craft or a thank you note…show your teacher how much you appreciate all they do!
Friday: Teacher Lunch Luau – Most of the time our teachers take a quick lunch break between classes and prep time. Today, let’s give them a delicious lunch luau with lots of yummy (Hawaiian themed if you’re feeling creative) treats! Please have all lunch items to school by 11:00am, lunch will be served in the art room.
Thank you for those who signed up to bring in breakfast items on Monday, fruit on Wednesday and/or Hawaiian themed food on Friday. All donations and help are appreciated! We are in need of volunteers who will be able to help with lunch set up and clean up on Friday. If you're available please contact the PTG at RoyalstoncommunityschoolPTG@gmail.com or on our Facebook page: Royalston Community School PTG.
- April 28 & 29 - Kindergarten Screening, by appointment, No School for Kindergarteners
- April 28 - 4:00-6:00 Elementary Turn Around Plan Meeting at ARMS
- April 28 - 6:00-8:00 Volunteer Training at ARMS
- April 29 - PTG Roller Skate Night
- May 2-6 Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2 - School Council Meeting 3:30-4:30
- May 3 - Career Explorers Field Trip
- May 5 - Mindful Drawing Night, spaces limited 6:00-7:00
- May 6 - Walk-A-Thon
- May 9-24 MCAS Math & Science Testing Window
- May 12 - 1st Grade Field Trip
- May 14 - Mount Grace Eagle Reserve Program at RCS 2:00-4:00
- May 16-20 6th Grade at Nature's Classroom
- May 18 - K & Futures Field Trip
- May 23-26 MAP Testing
- May 25 - Memorial Day Program at 2:00
- May 25 - Spring Music Concert
- May 27 - Field Day
- May 30 - Memorial Day, No School
- May 31 - Art Show 6:00-7:00
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions, concerns or feedback. You can reach me by phone at 978-249-2900, by email at email@example.com or in person by stopping by RCS.
Principal, Royalston Community School