September 2, 2021 - a Thursday Notes
No School Tomorrow and Monday
Remember there is no After School Program on "no school" days.
The Great 8th Grade Boat Race!
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Please remember to keep your student home if s/he is not feeling well and/or exhibiting the following symptoms: runny nose, headache, sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or muscle aches. Should your student develop any of these symptoms while at school, we will call you and you will need to make arrangements to retrieve your student immediately.
Please note the following:
- If your student displays any of the symptoms above and has been identified as a close contact with a known COVID-19 positive patient, your student must quarantine immediately. Next, contact the school to discuss the timeline for your next steps which will include continued quarantine and COVID-19 PCR testing - negative results must be shared with the school before your student's return to school.
- If your student displays any of the symptoms above and has not had close contact with a known COVID-19 patient, your child may return to school if s/he is symptom-free after 24-hours without the support of medication. If your child has any of the above symptoms for more than 24-hours, your student should obtain a COVID PCR test and not return until a negative result is shared with the school and your child is symptom-free for 24-hours without the support of medication.
PK3 and PK4: drop-off begins at 7:45 am and concludes at 8:00 am.
K-8: drop-off begins at 7:30 am and concludes at 8:00 am.
Families of students in PK3 or PK4 must enter the building to sign-in their student. Families of students in K-8 may walk their student to class or drop their student off without entering the building.
PK-8 Dismissal begins at 3:00 pm and concludes at 3:15 pm.
We will not use the numbered car magnets at this point; however, should we need to adjust our dismissal procedure, and revert to using the car magnets, we will issue magnets and detailed pick-up procedures to new families at that time.
After School Program Reminders
As families begin the challenge of re-establishing school routines, we ask you to be mindful of the dismissal timeframe the school has established. Dismissal begins at 3:00 pm and concludes at 3:15 pm. While registration is required of all After School Program (ASP) participants, students who remain at school at 3:15 pm are automatically sent to our ASP and families are responsible for the drop-in fee, regardless of how much time the student is in attendance at ASP. We recognize this can create frustration; as such, please allow yourself extra time to account for unexpected delays, such as construction and traffic so that we may avoid this frustration. ASP attendance policies can be found in our ASP Handbook.
Child Care Financial Assistance
The Child Development Division (CDD) of the Vermont Agency of Human Services' mission is to improve the well-being of Vermont’s children. They do this through partnerships with families, communities, schools, providers and state and federal agencies that increase access to high-quality, sustainable child development services. If your family attends BJAMS' Pre-Kindergarten or After School Programs, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
Visit the Vermont Department of Children and Families website for more information on the program and application process.
Please direct your questions and return your completed application to:
Lamoille Family Center
480 Cadys Fall Road
Morrisville, VT 05661
Athletics News from Coach Bu
BJAMS Soccer Practice Schedule
1/2 Grade - Mrs. Silveira email@example.com
3/4 Grade - Coach Bu firstname.lastname@example.org (temporary) and staff
Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:15-4:15
5/6 Grade - Dr. Marvin email@example.com and staff
Monday and Wednesdays 3:15-4:15
7/8 Grade - Mrs. Bu firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:15-4:30
SMS XC Program
Good news! I just heard that BJAMS students have been given the go ahead for joining the Stowe Middle School (grades 7 and 8, co-ed) XC Program. Please contact Becky McGovern at Stowe High School or visit this link for information.
Follow these steps to order breakfast & lunch, or just milk:
- Log into Family Portal
- Click on the 3 bars in the upper left corner
- Click on Student in the left margin
- Click on Lunch
- Click on Create Web Order at top of page
- Enter the quantity next to each item you want to order (please choose which type of milk your student will want with lunch - pre-k can not choose chocolate and grades 5-8 can order 2 milks)
- Please be sure you are aware of the date you are ordering for and if you have more than one child, you need to order for each of them individually.
- Click on Order Items at the bottom of the page
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
- PK through Grade 4 Families: We invite you to visit your child's classroom between 4:30 pm -5:00 pm.
- Grades 5-8 Families: We invite you to visit your child's classroom between 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm.
- Families with students in both sessions: If you have children in both the upper and lower school, consider attending between 4:45 pm (to visit lower school classrooms) and 5:10 pm (to visit upper school classrooms).
Whatever your skillset, talent, or strengths - our PTO needs YOU! Please consider supporting BJAMS' students, faculty, and staff by joining the PTO.
Join us for our first informational PTO Meeting on Monday, Sept 13th at 9:00am. Meetings are typically the first Monday of every month and held virtually. Please email email@example.com for the meeting link. Hope to see you on the screen!
During the first meeting we will organize committees to begin planning this year's awesome events and fundraisers. First on the calendar is Homecoming on Friday, Sept 24th.
[Click Here] to view the 2021-22 PTO Calendar.
If you need a backpack or other school supplies for your student, your are invited to go River Arts to retrieve the items you need.
If you prefer, the school can collect the items for you to be retrieved here at BJAMS. Whatever works best for you - just send an email to Kristie (Mrs. Morrison) in the front office, and she'll do her best to get what you need.
74 Pleasant St.
Mon.-Fri. 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Mrs. Wright is coming to ASP to share her God-given musical talents with us! We are both blessed and excited for this special offering!
BJAMS purchased a number of ukuleles and guitars for this fun event, but we encourage you B.Y.O.U. or B.Y.O.G., too! This is a perfect opportunity to try each instrument and have loads of fun!
PLEASE NOTE: ASP is full onTuesdays and Wednesdays and we are not accepting new registrations for these two days.
Coming Up Next
September 6 - No School - No ASP
September 9 - Back to School Night
September 13 - Picture Day - be on the lookout for picture packets in student backpacks
September 24 - Homecoming