Homecoming Game Canceled
Dear GWHS Eagle Families,
Late this afternoon we received notification from Tunstall High School that due to Covid protocols the game scheduled for this Friday night, October 8 has been canceled. Unfortunately, this was scheduled to be our Homecoming game for the season. However, in the spirit of the Eagle mentality, we refuse to let go of our VISION of Homecoming 2021...after all, we are EAGLES! Please find below our revised vision to recognize our 2021-22 Homecoming Kings and Queens.
- The grade-level Coronations scheduled for Thursday, October 7, 2021 will continue as planned with the 9th/10th grade assembly occurring during 3rd block and the 11th/12th grade assembly occurring during 4th block.
- The family and friends Coronation that was originally planned for Thursday evening from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm has been postponed until Friday, October 8 at 6:00 pm. During the evening Coronation all 2021-22 candidates for King and Queen will be presented before a limited audience. During this Coronation the grade level Kings and Queens and Mr. & Miss. GWHS 2021-22 will be announced.
- Due to Covid protocols, seating will be limited for Friday night's Coronation. Therefore, all contestants will be provided ten (10) tickets for family and friends to attend the event.
- On Friday, October 22, all newly crowned Kings and Queens will be officially presented to the Danville community during a half time presentation in the game against Bassett.
- Students who purchased pre-sale tickets will have the option of keeping the tickets for use at the October 22 game or requesting a full refund during their lunch period on Thursday, October 7.
Please know that the GWHS administration is committed to making this year's Homecoming event a fun filled and exciting time. As I leave you, I want for you to take this time to remember one of the seven tenants of the EAGLE MENTALITY.
Always remember that as a GWHS Eagle, we must always have vision; we must have the ability to focus no matter how far away or difficult it may seem. Remember, no matter what the obstacles the eagle won't move his focus on the prey until he grabs it. Meaning have a vision and remain focused in your life no matter what the obstacles and challenges you may face, don't give up and you will succeed.
We're not giving up, and our Homecoming 2021-22 will be a success.
Dr. Johnnie M. Simmons
George Washington High School