News from Conyers Learning Academy
July 23, 2019
Welcome Back to School!
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at John G. Conyers Learning Academy. We are excited to start another school year and hope everyone had an enjoyable and relaxing summer! This summer was a busy one for us as we transition to our new student information system, Infinite Campus. In addition, we have added a new member to our administrative team. I would like to introduce our administrative team: Matt Warren - Principal, Christy Loh - Assistant Principal, Megan McFalls - Assistant Principal, and our newest member, Nicole Milewski - Student Services Coordinator. All of us at CLA are looking forward to working closely with you and your child to make this a great year. Below is some important information for the start of the school year.
Meet the Teacher
- Meet the Teacher for ACES and Multiple Needs classrooms will be on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 from 1:30-2:30 p.m. If you are able to attend, we encourage you to bring your child to meet his/her teacher during this time period. You are welcome to bring your child’s school supplies with you to drop off in the classroom. This is the only time teachers will be available to meet you and your child before the first day of school.
- While you are here for Meet the Teacher, you may pick up your child’s safety vest (if required) to be used on the bus. If you are unable to attend Meet the Teacher, please call transportation at 963-3909 or 963-3912 to make other arrangements to receive your child’s safety vest before school begins.
First Day of School
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 14, 2019 for students in Grades 1-8. All Kindergarten students will have their first day of student attendance on August 15.
- Please remember to call the school absence line each day that your child is absent before the start of the school day. The number for the absence line is (847) 963-3401.
- Please ALSO call Transportation if your child does not need to be picked up. Call 963-3909 or 963-3912. You may call these numbers for any transportation concerns you may have.
Early Release Fridays
- Every Friday our district has shortened school day for students. The hours every Friday are 9:00 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
- Parent Orientation is Thursday, August 29, 2019, from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- If your child takes daily medication that per doctor’s orders must be administered during the school day, you and your child’s doctor must complete the Medication and Health Care Treatment Authorization form (English / Spanish). NO medication will be given without this completed form. Medication should be brought to school on or before the first attendance day.
Infinite Campus Registration
- This year our district will be using electronic forms of communication as our primary mode of sharing important information to our families. It is important that all of your contact infomation is up to date in our new Infinite Campus student information system. If you have not already logged into Infinite Campus to “re-enroll” your child, please contact the office and we can assist you through this process.
- Our goal is to increase the use of electronic notifications (email, text, Facebook, and other social media apps) to parents and families with important information and to share the exciting things going on a CLA.
- If any of your contact information changes after you have enrolled in Infinite Campus (home, cell or work phone numbers, email, or emergency contacts), please contact the office to have your information updated in the system.
If there is anything I can do for you, or you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at (847) 963-3400. See you in a few weeks!
Matt Warren, Principal
CLA Back-to-School Website
- About our School and District 15
- School Hours
- Arrival/Departure Procedures
- School and District Calendars
- Student Attendance
- Teacher Assignment
- Chromebook Information
- School Supply Lists
- Health Forms
- School Nutrition Services