November 6, 2020
Dates to Remember
11/09 - 11/22 - Online Scholastic Book Fair
11/11 - Veterans Day (school in session)
11/15 - America Recycles Day
11/16 - Picture Day
11/16 - 11/20 - Generation Texas Week (more info to come)
11/19 - Torchy's Tacos PTO Spirit Night 4pm - 8pm
11/20 - Substitute Educators Day
11/23 - 11/27 - Thanksgiving Break - No School
11/30 - Students Return to Instruction
12/17 - "Paw-Some" Awards on Announcements (Wear BLUE for Integrity)
12/18 - Early Release for Students at 12:10 PM
12/21 - 01/05 - Winter Break - No School
01/06 - Students Return to Instruction
A Message from Dr. Lambert
Hello and happy Friday,
I have a brief message today. Please take some time to select your favorite cover for the 2020-2021 yearbook. You can vote for your favorite cover here.
Please have a restful weekend. My hope is that each of you is able to do something this weekend that brings you joy.
Take good care,
Dr. Jarod Lambert
School Yearbook and Class Pictures
Pictures will be Monday, November 16, 2020. Yearbook and class pictures: pictures will be taken individually and the photographer will compose the class picture.
- Parents will prepay for photos on-line only through using this link: http://online.phototexasphotography.com. Use online order code: PTPUC. Select your Bush Elementary.
- Students will not be seated when having their photos taken unless physically unable to stand.
- Virtual students will have their pictures taken outdoors in the front of the school between 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Parents will be asked to bring students directly to the camera leader to sign in.
- In-Person students will have a designated time to take pictures inside the building.
- Safety protocols and protective measures will remain the same for outdoor and indoor photography.
November 9 - 22: Discover a new book with your kids. Every purchase supports our school!
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair ONLINE from NOVEMBER 9-22, 2020! All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more.
You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
· Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
· All orders ship direct to home
· FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
· All purchases support our school and earn 25% in rewards
· It’s a great way to do some holiday shopping 😊
Visit our Book Fair Homepage and click “Shop Now” to get started:
*Free standard shipping is available on book-only orders of $25 or more, after all discounts are applied. Free standard shipping (books) must be selected during checkout. Orders containing products other than books are not eligible for this shipping promotion.
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to email@example.com before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria.
Referral Requests for Gifted and Talented Testing
Referral requests are now open for Conroe Independent School District Gifted and Talented program. Although the testing will not take place until late January for both remote and in-person platforms, referral requests are accepted at this time. Referral requests can be made by the parents and/or teachers. It is recommended that parents of 2nd grade students wait until CogAT scores have arrived before nominating their child because CogAT scores are part of the GT assessment. If you are interested in referring your child, you may want to discuss this with your child’s teacher at conferences. Referrals will be accepted through December 18. You may request a referral form from the front office or the Assistant Principal. You can also find the referral form and other GT information on the CISD GT homepage.
Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
Students are cleared to return to school when the nurse receives documentation of the following:
Health care provider clearance letter to return to school, including a date the student may return OR Negative COVID-19 test results.
Please keep your child home until ALL symptoms have subsided, including being fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE:
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who log in to SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as a REMOTE ATTENDANCE.
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who are unable to sign into SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as an EXCUSED ABSENCE.
Per Conroe ISD guidelines: If your child has a fever or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19 and does not get tested OR is not cleared by their healthcare provider with an alternative diagnosis, it is assumed the child has COVID-19 and may not return to school until the following 3 criteria are met:
1. Has been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. AND child has improved symptoms.
3. AND at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Please email or fax (936-709-1699) healthcare provider date of return to school confirmation or COVID-19 test results to the nurse firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in order to return to school sooner than the 10 day isolation period.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater to or equal to 100 dg F.
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
· Shaking or exaggerated shivering https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/care-for-someone.html
PLEASE NOTIFY THE NURSE OR THE FRONT OFFICE IF YOUR CHILD DEVELOPS ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS.
MEDICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Prescription medication must be in the original container, properly labeled including the student’s name, the name of the medication, directions concerning dosage, the schedule for administration, expiration date, and the date the prescription was filled. No expired prescription medication will be administered. No more than a ninety (90) day supply of a prescription medication may be checked in at one time.
Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough or cold medicines that could potentially mask COVID-19 symptoms will require a written order from your child’s health care provider. Special Medication Note: Due to CDC COVID-19 guidelines nebulizer medications cannot be administered at school at this time.
CURB SIDE MEDICATION SIGN IN:
Please email or call the clinic if your child will require a scheduled or prescription medication for this school year. A medication permission form will be emailed to you, or let us know if you need to pick up a paper copy.
Medications will be dropped off via curb side delivery Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30-2:30. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 936-709-1600 (front office) or 936-709-1609 (clinic) to let us know that you are here for medication drop off. Nurse Cheryl will come out to your car to collect the signed forms and medication.
CLINIC STUDENT CLOTHING REQUEST:
In case of restroom accidents, spills, muddy clothes, please keep a complete change of clothes in your child’s backpack in a zip lock bag to have on hand. The clinic will not have extra clothes in the clinic to provide our students. Parents will be called to bring clothing changes if their child does not have extra clothes available in their backpack. Thank you for your help!
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
Student safety is a high priority in CISD. You or your student may report suspected dangers through Kid Chat or Anonymous Alerts. Through our Kelso lessons at Bush, we talk about the difference between
“small” problems and “big” problems. Big problems require going to a trusted adult for help. Please talk with your student and encourage them to report any suspected dangers to an adult at school or at home.
Click here to visit Mrs. McGhee’s Virtual Counseling Office
Click here for Coronavirus Resources for Students and Families
Monday, November 2, 2020
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Thursday, November 5, 2020
Friday, November 6, 2020
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
Boosterthon Dance Fit Was a Huge Success!
THANK YOU to our Bobcat families for helping us connect during this unique year & raise almost $40,000 during our Boosterthon ‘Dance Fit’ Challenge. Because of you, we can support campus enhancements such as: expanding classroom libraries, advanced technology, field trips and Student & Teacher Scholarships. Funds are also used for unexpected expenses, which has been particularly useful this year.
A Special Thank You to our sponsors who helped make sure this event was a success: Farley Orthodontics, Wheeler Pediatric Dentistry (Wheeler Pediatric Dentistry-The Woodlands), Hughes & Cozad Orthodontics, Kumon (The Woodlands-Alden Bridge), T-Shirts Plus, The Woodlands Behavioral Health & Wellness Center, Hunter Family Orthodontics
And to Lindsey Boggan, thank you for accepting the challenge of leading this event. You’ve helped make our school even stronger. We’re lucky to have you on our team!
Spirit Friday is November 13
Remember, Spirit Fridays are your Bobcat's chance to wear their Bush hats and Bush tattoos, and of course their Bush t-shirts (or green and blue)!
New this year- WINTER SPIRIT WEAR!
New spirit wear options will be available to be ordered within the next week or two. We expect the delivery date for these preorders to be sometime in December. Check our website and social media pages for more details soon.
The yearbook team needs pictures of your Bobcat:
- Virtual Learners Participating in Boosterthon
- Dressing up for Red Ribbon Week
- Enjoying Jersey Mikes during Spirit Night
- Wearing Barbara Bush Spirit Wear
Be sure to identify the grade level of the children pictured before uploading photos directly from your smartphone by:
- Downloading the Balfour Image Share app & creating a username & password
- Entering the Barbara Bush Project Number: 126474. There’s no upload code.
Thank you for your help to ensure our yearbook represents all of our students!
PTO Volunteer Opportunities
VP of Communications: Oversee the communication which includes the volunteer coordinator, directory leader, Formsite creator, webmaster, marquee coordinator and social media leader offering assistance when needed. They will also create and distribute electronic communications to the PTO membership when needed.
VP of Programs: Oversee committees engaged in developing programs/events for Bush that build a sense of community. Currently includes Spirit Fridays, Movie Night and Teddy Bear Tea.
If interested, please contact Caitlin Reeves at email@example.com
Support Bush When You Shop with Amazon Smile
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are officially 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.