December 14th - December 18th
Week at a Glance
Monday, December 14th
- Fire Drill around 9:00am (we have to have one more drill before the end of the year). Please make sure to take your emergency bags, turn off the lights, and lock your door- don't forget your key to get back in your room. Doors should always be locked and closed when you are not in your room.
- Harpool Band will be here at 1:30pm, in the cafeteria. All grades are invited to attend.
Tuesday, December 15th
- Aviator Choir - Main Event Music Festival - Lewisville 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- College Shirt Day
- Fifth Grade Orchestra Caroling throughout Adkins 8:00am
- Sewing Club needs to meet in the Library at 2:35pm- field trip to the Willowbend Memory Care Center in Denton to decorate stockings with residents & deliver the adult bibs they recently made. Returning to campus at 5:00 for parent pick up.
- Friends of the Family sessions
Friday, December 18th
- All School Sing-Along 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- End of Third Six Weeks
- Adkins Running Club 5K at Texas Motor Speedway 4:45 p.m. Click here for more information http://cowtownmarathon.org/speedway-candy-cane-classic
Holiday Party Schedule
- Art Club - Friday, December 18th from 8:00 am - 8:30 am
- Kindergarten - Friday, December 18th from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- First Grade - Thursday, December 17th from 8:30 am - 10:00 am
- Second Grade - Friday, December 18th from 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Third Grade - Friday, December 18th from 1:45 pm - 2:45 pm
- Fourth Grade - Friday, December 18th from 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Fifth Grade - Friday, December 18th from 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Looking forward to January 2016
- January 4th - Staff Development Day - trade day for Rick Wormeli : No School for Students
- January 5th - School Resumes
- January 8th - Report Cards come home
- January 18th - School Holiday
- Randy Schmidt for the delightful 2nd/3rd Grade "Twas the Night" Winter Musical and our Aviator Choir shining in their performance on Friday night!!
- K& 2nd for switchibg specials times for music performance practice.
- Renee Grems for filling Bev's bucket this week by taking time to thank her for being the Lamination Queen. Mrs. Grems shared that Bev's hard work did not go unrecognized, and it made Bev's heart smile! Kind words go a long way!!
- Bart for coming out during recess and playing basketball with the kids. (Precious)
- Alicia Needam for jumping in a car duty this week when they were 5 men down and helped pick up the slack. She also joined running club this week! Way to be a team player!
- Ashley Jones and Mauri Audirsch for being amazing teammates by helping Ann Kelly dive in to Kindergarten with ease.
- Jordan Hess for sharing how she teaches summary with Trina Stephens. Jordan took the time to sit down and share the rubric that she and the students had created along with letting Trina borrow a story jar and graphic organizers. Working together like this is what makes our school strong!
- A huge thank you to Taryn Stanley for being such a team player! It is a joy to work with her every day!
- Randy Schmidt and Kevin Birdwell for helping take Kelley McGee's classes so she could take the fourth graders on their Art Field Trip.
- Let’s celebrate our last minute, very flexible, new additions to our staff (Kerner, Needham, Klein, Covington) who put away self and jumped in with both feet.
- Sunshine Committee for keeping us celebrating! We love you guys!
- Ann Kelly Kent for wrapping all those presents for the staff meeting Thursday! So fun!!
Thank you all for sending me your notes for this sections. Look at the wonderful things happening here!!