GCS Media Matters
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week September 8-11
Dates to Remember
- Sept. 16 Early Release Day
- Sept. 23 Middle School Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
- Sept. 23 High School Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
- Sept. 24 Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 4:00-6:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Sept. 28 eBook Classroom Connections Training Option 8:30-12:00 Wash. St. Rm 301
- Sept. 29 eBook Classroom Connections Training Option 12:30-4:00 Wash. St. Rm 300
- Sept. 30 DUE DATE: Collection Development Plan DUE to Media Services
Report Your Summer Reading Log Totals
Thank you for all of your hard work promoting and collecting reading logs for the summer reading CHALLENGE. (Sent in a previous email as well)
ALL students will receive coupons for buy-one-get-one free bowling and $3 off laser tag! We will send you the amount you enter on the digital form and you will be responsible for delivering the coupon to them.
Please CLICK HERE to complete the information to receive the prizes for your students.
Once all students have been submitted a select amount (at least five) of $5 game cards or $5 game card PLUS a free game of laser tag will be given to each school.
It will be your responsibility to randomly select the winners for your school.
Once you randomly select your school bonus winners, you will be asked to submit their names via a link. CLICK HERE .
Report your Summer Reading and August Minutes:
- CLICK HERE to report your summer reading and August Minutes in the AUGUST blank of the GCS Reads 20 reporting site. (There is no need to split the totals between June, July, August. Just put the total in the August blank.)
International Literacy Day
- CLICK HERE to share what you are doing for National Literacy Day.
- Remember to send pictures once you have completed your event.
Extreme MC Transformation CHALLENGE
Instructional Technology and Innovation
- CLICK HERE to access their Back to School Digital Newsletter.
- Please feel free to share with your staff.
Photo Directory Pictures Needed
Please send Tammy a picture of yourself for the GCS Media Specialist online Picture Directory.
CLICK HERE to verify if you need to send in a picture.
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.