Kingsmen Parent Newsletter
My City, My School, My Family......NCM!
Week of January 17, 2022
Welcome to Week 2 of the semester. We hope the first week went well for your child. While we continue to experience this surge of COVID-19 in the community, our practices at the school to keep your children safe and healthy continues. Students are expected to wear masks, use hand sanitizer and socially distance on campus. If your child is absent, please contact the school immediately. COVID positive or close contact students have opportunities to attend class online if staying home due to COVID. We will provide you instructions for attending class online once we receive your notification. Our Assistant Principals will hold a Coffee with the Principal to provide you further details of this new opportunity for our COVID related absent students. We encourage you to attend.
The guidelines for masks have changed. The California Department of Public Health is recommending that we avoid the use of cloth masks as these do not stop the particles. The CDPH recommends the use of a 3-ply surgical mask. In addition, it is highly recommended that use of mask be also done outside. Please have a conversatio with your child and encourage that they always keep their mask on, except when eating food or drinking liquid. When doing this to keep 6 feet apart from those closeby.
The CDPH has also revised its guidelines with respect to isolation and quarantine for individuals who test positive and/or are considered as close contacts. In a nut-shell, the number of days of isolation has been reduced from 10 to 5 days if an individual can test negative at day 5, has no symptoms and is willing to wear a tight fitting mask through day 10 at all times including indoors and outdoors. The full details will be explained to any family facing a positive or close contact situation. There are other variables involved such as if the person is vaccinated, boosted, etc. The details are involved, but rest assured each family will be explained options including how to access instruction during the student's covid leave.
This week we will hold a School Site Council Meeting on Tuesday, January 18th at 3:20pm. The meeting is open to the public. Elected committee members are permitted to vote only. Click here for the meeting agenda and login information.
Coffee with the Principal is also on Tuesday, January 18th at 10:30am! We hope you can attend. Assistant Principal Cadena and Assistant Principal Currier will review important information regarding new COVID protocols and information regarding our Here Now program promoting positive mental health. Click here for the meeting login and information.
If you miss the Coffee with the Principal, please click here for the meeting presentation.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- January 18th: School Site Council
- January 18th: Coffee with the Principal at 10:30am
- January 20th: Food Distribution from 11:00am-1:00pm
- January 25th: Dr. Villarreal Parent Workshop #1- "Education is Power" from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Have a great week!
Schedule for the Week of January 10, 2021
VEX Middle School Robotics Championships
Parent Training Starting Next Week!
Please click here for details: Link to Flyer
Register in advance for this meeting: Link to Registration
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We hope to see you there! Please contact Doralica Real via email for further information. Email: Doralicia.Real@sweetwaterschools.org
Give Kids a Smile No-Cost Dental Services Coming Soon!
Give Kids A Smile 2022 is taking place February 14 – March 7 throughout San Diego County. Please click here for the flyer.
- Children ages 18 and under can schedule a dental screening, fluoride varnish, and sealants at NO COST.
- Fluoride varnish and sealants are painless and help prevent cavities.
- Children can get a Kindergarten Oral Health Assessment completed.
- Appointments are required. Offices have limited spaces available.
- Children can schedule an appointment at any listed dental office.
- Click on https://sdcds.org and then click ‘Parents and Families’ to see the list of participating dental offices.
- There are about 40 participating dental offices throughout San Diego County. They are being added to the list as they confirm dates and times for their event. A more comprehensive list will be available in January.
- This is a no-cost event. Children can participate if they do or do not have insurance and do not have to show proof of citizenship.
- Families can call 619-692-8858 with questions.
PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT.
COVID-19 Vaccination Event
COVID Testing Opportunities
San Diego County Testing
Click here for the link to sign up your child: https://sdsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e36y9ODfnFGEUUC
Daily Health Screening Reminder
Our school community which includes students, parents, community members and NCM staff are expected to self-monitor and not to enter school facilities if symptomatic or experiencing a fever.
If students are sick, please keep them home and report the absence to our Attendance Technician at 619-336-2608.
Thank you for your cooperation.
*****Resources for Parents*****
Set Up Your Parent AR Account
Do you want to know your child's reading level range?
Create your parent account in our Accelerated Reader online program to support you child with improving their reading skills! See sign-in instructions below, titled "Parent Notifications-Home Connect."
Home Internet Support is Available!
*****Parent Center Information*****
If you have any questions, please contact us! If you would like to offer input into the policy or compact, please contact Juan.Gonzalez3@sweetwaterschools.org.
*****NCM is on Social Media*****
COVID Safety Protocols
- Masks are required indoors, not outdoors.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask when entering campus.
- Parents are encouraged to health screen their children prior to sending them to school.
- Children with a fever or not feeling well should be kept home.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with all students.
- Cleaning protocols are in place for frequent sanitation of facilities.
The student handbook provides an overview of NCM including schedules, staff contact information, calendars, policies and programs.
NCM Bell Schedules for the current school year. Please see the school calendar for specific days.
*****NCM Contact Information*****
Student & Parent Center
Title I Resource Teacher: Teresa Walkup
Community Relations Facilitator: Doralicia Real
Bilingual Tester: Blanca Juarez Saenz
Before & Afterschool Program- Lion's Den
- Students enroll online using the link below.
- 150 students are permitted in the program. We are full but accepting students and placing new applicants on a waitlist.
- Before School Hours: 6:40am-8:10am
- After School Hours: 3:10pm-6:30pm
- Program runs everyday school is in session!
- The earliest a student can leave is 5:00pm with an early release form signed by the parent.
Please click on this link for more information https://forms.gle/VzcyvKGQjdMR2AXF8.
If you have specific questions regarding the afterschool program, please contact Alejandra Mondragon, our program coordinator.