Facts About His Life
Country of Birth: Russia
Facts About His Childhood and Family:
- His father, Fyodor Stravinsky was a bass singer.
- His mother, Anna Kholodovsky was an excellent pianist herself.
- He was the third child in a family of four boys.
- He started taking piano lessons at nine years old.
Who Did he Work for?: Himself
Interesting Facts About His Personal Life:
- He first wife was his cousin, Katerina Nossenko.
- He once lived in a Swiss hotel, but he would not compose there unless he was sure nobody could hear him, which did not happen often.
- After living in a Swiss hotel, a dealer set him up with a piano which was kept in a combination lumber storage-chicken coop. He composed some of his most famous work here.
What are Some of His Most Famous Pieces?:
- The Rite of Spring Riot
Why I Think he is Still Listened to, and Talked About Today:
He has influenced many musicians, and he introduced the concept of modernism in classical music.
Date of Death: April 6, 1971
Cause of Death: Heart failure