Bob Marley's Bio
- Full name is Nesta Robert Marley.
- Lived in the poor city of Trench Town in Jamaica and started singing and playing the guitar.
- Made a band called Bob Marley and the Wailers (after many name changes) in 1962.
- In 1968 Marley left the band.
- In 1972 Marley signed with CBS Records.
- Marley went on to becoming a singing sensation to people everywhere.
- On May 11, 1981 Marley died of Metastatic Melanoma a type of skin cancer.
Bob Marley was a hero because he was the first person who spoke out about injustice to the poor in his music and got the world to really listen. He sings in his songs about redemption of the poor. He spoke out about the injustice to the poor and how the political system was corrupt. He got people of every race to start looking to the large and powerful countries to start asking questions and demanding a change. He wrote these songs and sang them to make money to feed himself and his mother. There is just a little history but there is so much more.
Who are you to judge the life I live? I am not perfect and I don't have to be! Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. ~Bob Marley
One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.~Bob Marley
Marley made about $130 mill. a year.