Ancient Gossip Newspaper!
By: Michelle Garcia
Aztecs obsessed with making sacrifices!
Religion was extremely important in Aztec life. They adored many gods and goddesses, each of whom ruled one or more human activities or aspects of nature, they even had gods for each day and also for each month. To calm down the anger of the gods, human sacrifices were made for each god, in the hope of keeping revenge at equally. The most important Aztec gods even had their own temples at Tenochtitlan, the Aztec Capital. The people had many agricultural gods because their culture was based heavily on farming.
- "Aztec Religion - Crystalinks." Aztec Religion - Crystalinks. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2015.
- "Aztec Religion." Aztec Religion. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2015.
Olmec used to burn plants!
Olmec farmers grew maize, beans, chilies, tomatoes and squashes.
- "Mesoamerican Olmec Civilization." Mesoamerican Olmec Civilization. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2015.
- N.p., n.d. Web.
Maya Civilization obsessed with religion!
The Maya Empire was not one uificated nation. There was no central government. The Maya Empire was a collection of independent cities (city-states). One noble family controlled each city. Some cities were very large. Those families had a great deal of power because they had a large army. There were no standing armies, but warfare played an important role in religion, power and prestige. Religion was related into all facets of daily life and was the major unifying factor of the civilization. They practiced human sacrifice and would often raid other communities to get victims.
- "Mayan Government." Mayan Government. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2015.
- "Government and Social Structure." Ancient Maya Civilization. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2015.
Tula; a great archaelogical city!
- "We Are Proud Of Our SafeSurf Rating!" Tula Toltec Archaeological Ruins, Hidalgo, Mexico. Travel & Tour Pictures, Photos, Information, Images, Reviews. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2015.
- "Native American Netroots." Native American Netroots. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Sept. 2015.