Spartan Weekly Update 8/28
Week At A Glance
See What's Happening This Week
Hello Dance 7 pm @ School
Block Schedule - Even Day
MAKEUP PHOTO DAY FOR STUDENTS & STAFF 📸
Block Schedule-Odd Day
Block Schedule-Even Day
Back 2 School Night @5pm
Block Schedule-Odd Day
Assembly Schedule- All Periods
Fall Sports Assembly
STUDENT PICK UP AND DROP OFF
- If possible, please drop off your student along Taft Ave. or Nichols Ave. near the campus as traffic in the parking lot as drop-off lanes will be congested BEFORE SCHOOL AND AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL DAY.
- Please be patient and follow the directions of our staff who are directing traffic and helping students safely enter campus.
Back 2 School Night 2023
Spartan Families are cordially invited to our Fall 2023 Back 2 School Night on the VPHS campus next Wednesday, August 30th, from 5:00pm - 7:30pm. At the beginning of each school year, we provide an opportunity to visit your student’s classes to meet teachers and hear presentations about their classes. The evening will start with a general meeting in our amphitheater followed by classroom visits by parents following your student’s class schedule. In preparation, please have your son/daughter share their class schedule with you. Schedules can also be accessed by parents using Aeries Parent Portal.
- Click HERE to view the schedule for Back 2 School Night
- ASB and staff will be available to direct parents to classrooms around campus
- B&C Tacos will be open in the middle of campus starting at 4:30pm
Dear Villa Park Parents,
This is Principal McCuistion with information about 5-Star Students. There are several uses for this virtual hall pass system. At VPHS, we use 5-Star Students to check students into dances and other events such as campus-wide voting and students’ virtual hall pass. The system only contains the students' names, IDs, and grade levels. Keeping students safe is our highest priority and 5-Star Students allows us to know which students are out of class at any given time. There are several ways students can be given a pass to the restroom, counseling, Well space, library, and attendance office. We are piloting this program this year to help increase safety and security. In the event of an emergency, we need to know where every student is on campus. 5-star students allow us to find students promptly which can be vital in an emergency situation. Please note that this program does not track your student’s physical location, it just tracks if they are out of class and their self-provided destination. We have set the limit to 20 students out on a restroom pass at one time. Students that have a pass to any of the offices do not count in the 20-student limit. We are also able to change that number if needed. If we see that students are being denied a pass because too many students are out, we can adjust that number if necessary. 5-Star students is simply replacing the lanyard or handwritten hall pass that was used in the past. The only difference is that students can use their phones as a pass. If students don’t have a phone to use and they have checked out with the teacher, our campus supervisors can simply check on own their device to confirm that the student was granted a virtual pass. To learn more about 5-Star Students follow this link https://support.5starstudents.com/hc/en-us or feel free to contact any Administrator.
- Bell Schedule: Click Here to Download the VPHS Bell Schedule. Here are some slight changes that have been made:
- Double Zero period SCC Bridge Classes and Math Tutorial (Open to all students) from 7:35am - 8:24am.
- Passing period between classes is now 6 minutes.
- Assemblies are held on FRIDAYS and we will invert the 0-6 schedule to Friday, with Monday becoming an EVEN 0,2,4,6 school day.
- Consider subscribing to our VPHS Google Calendar as important schedule info and events can be added to your own calendar
- We will communicate to all families via phone call and email when we have special bell schedules for upcoming weeks.
- VPHS Parent Hub: Bookmark this link for a simplified page relevant to PARENTS. We hope this resource is helpful for parents needing to access school information and resources.
Bell Schedule 2023-2024
Click the images below to download and view in greater detail
5-Star Students Program and Student APP Download
This year we will be using the 5-Star Students program at VP to help students increase their involvement on campus and hall passes. Students can earn points for attending events and participating in activities. More information will be shared about this app next week!
- All Student requests for schedule changes ended Friday, August 25.
- Administrative Schedule Changes are still possible in order to balance class sizes, and ensure the proper scheduling of classes for individual students.
New Counselor Assignments & Contacts 2023-24
SCC Early College (Dual Enrollment) Classes available Fall 2023
Are you interested in taking college courses while in high school, earning dual credit, or exploring careers?
Need help filling out the Special Admit Form and looking for classes? Visit sccollege.edu/earlycollege
Our SCC Representatives are on campus on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays to answer questions and help! See the available courses below.
Morning MATH SUPPORT available Monday through Friday
Need help preparing for an exam or completing an assignment in your Math class?
- Double Zero Period Room 213 - 7:35am - 8:24am
- Zero Period Room 206 - 8:30am - 9:20am
- Students are welcome. Teachers can also make recommendations for students to attend.
- Take advantage of this opportunity!
Join Vocal Music!
Join our award-winning vocal music program! It's not too late to register!
-Get your fine arts credit out of the way
-Participate in off campus events
-Looks great on college apps
-Honors class opportunities
-Make awesome music and memories together
For more information, check out www.vphsvocalmusic.org or contact Mrs. Oh at email@example.com.
Join the VPHS Academic Competition Team
Spartans: for 2023-24, we are offering an Academic Competition class which features the following:
- Fall - Mock Trial
- Winter - Academic Decathlon
- Spring: Model United Nations
This class will prepare students to compete in all three competitions. The preparation and education will develop numerous beneficial skills in a variety of subject areas.
Interested? Contact Mrs. Huffman firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Football This Week
Interested in Girls Basketball?
Attention All Girls Interested in playing basketball! There will be basketball tryouts on Tuesday, August 29 from 6-8pm and Thursday, August 31 from 7-9pm in the gym. Please wear appropriate basketball clothes and basketball shoes to the tryout. If you have any questions, see Coach Willis in Room 205.
Follow VPHS Teams on Social Media!
Please check out the VP Sports schedule for the latest game schedule, results, and events.
If you are on Instagram, follow our teams to stay updated on game results, schedules, and other team-related events:
Free and Public Education Notice
Section 5 of Article IX of the state of California constitution guarantees students a "free public education". Any requests financial requests from coaches or teachers shall be donations and therefore not required to participate.
Villa Park High School Assistant Principal | Curriculum & Instruction