Westside Pack Post
A Message From Mrs. Anderson
October Dates to Remember
October 1, 15, 22, and 29 - Late Start Fridays
October 7 and 8 - No School (faculty and staff professional development days)
October 29 - Halloween Celebrations at School
Late Start Fridays
- The first bell rings at 9:15 am and the dismissal bell rings at 2:25 pm.
- AM Kindergarten is from 9:15 am to 11:32 am
- PM Kindergarten is from 12:13 pm to 2:25 pm
Dr. Shank's State of the District Address
Here are the costume guidelines while at school:
- Students should choose costumes that will have minimal interference with their ability to participate in their education.
- Students should not bring masks or use excessive blood or gore.
- Students may not bring makeup to share with others or costume accessories such as weapons, brooms, etc.
- Students who do no adhere to these guidelines will be asked to change into their regular school clothing.
If you have questions about these guidelines or questions about your child's Halloween party, please reach out to their teacher. Teachers will be sharing more information with their classes individually.
Title 1 at Westside
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
Employment Opportunities at Westside
Westside also has an Inclusion Support Paraprofessional position available! This position is 29 hours a week and you would be working in the classroom to support student learning. More information and the application can be found at
Each month we will have a theme that we focus on at school. For the month of September our focus was on Grit and Success. We learned that if we have GRIT and we don’t quit, we will be SUCCESSFUL! We also learned that it’s okay to make mistakes and that mistakes are proof you are trying. We talked about our thoughts, both positive and negative, and how they can affect our feelings and actions. As a school, we are working on recognizing those thoughts that keep us from being our best or doing the things we want to do. Please take some time to review with your child, what they have learned and give them the opportunity to teach you.