E-Staff Weekly for 5/30/16
Last Day of School - Dismissal and Lunches
The last day of school is a half day for all Grade 1-5 students on June 14th. Dismissal time will be 1:00 p.m. Students will have lunch that day.
- Grade 5 - 11:00-11:30
- Grade 4 - 11:15-11:45
- Grade 3 - 11:40-12:10
- Grade 2 - 11:50-12:20
- Grade 1 - 12:15-12:45 *Have your students ready for dismissal prior to lunch.
Items to Remember:
- No scheduled recess. Bill and Lisa will cover all lunch duties
- During dismissal, I'm asking all staff members that do not have a homeroom to be present in the hallway for student supervision.
- The last day for students in Kindergarten PM is June 13th. The last day for students in Kindergarten AM is June 14th. If you have any questions, please contact the main office.
- Specials are cancelled for today.
Summer Work Packets
2016-17 Teacher Placement Letters
Friday, June 3rd, 9am
- Bring a water bottle
- Dress according to the weather
Retirement/Years of Service Recognition Celebration
Congratulations to following staff members who will be honored at the Retirement/Years of Service Recognition Celebration in the high school auditorium on Monday, June 13 at 6:30 PM.
- Donna Costigan – 15 years of service
- LeeAnn Haberle – 15 years of service
- Cindy Hayes – Retirement
- Diane Holtz – 30 years of service
- Joan Loeb - 15 years of service
- Jennifer Pole – 20 years of service
- Frank Scafuro – Retirement
Thank you for your outstanding service to our students, parents, and community!
Save the Dates - 2016-17
OPEN HOUSE (Parents only)
K-2 Parents - Monday, August 22 at 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, Classroom
3-5 Parents - Tuesday, August 23 at 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, Classroom
MEET the TEACHER (Parents and students)
KDG AM - Wednesday, August 24 at 1:15 PM - 1:45 PM
KDG PM - Wednesday, August 24 at 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Grades 1-5 - Wednesday, August 24 at 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
All students report to school - Monday, August 29
Message from Dr. Scheid's Office - BrightBytes Survey
Once again we are partnering with BrightBytes, an educational research and analytics organization, to learn more about our schools’ technology use for student learning. To better show our growth over the past year and showcase the impact of our initiatives, we’ve made a commitment to re-collect. Our goal is to gather metrics on technology access and skills, and on our district's technology environment, in order to understand the connection between technology use and student achievement. Re-collection also allows us to prioritize different initiatives based on the changes in our profile.
We are asking each of you to complete the survey linked below by June 3, 2016.
- All certified staff and administrators must complete the survey.
- Your responses are anonymous.
- The survey should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
Please use the following link to access your school’s survey: www.BByt.es/BU7FT
- Please schedule a time in the computer lab or utilize your computing devices in your classroom for students to complete the survey. A link has been added to the top page of the Seylar Website.
Message from the library...
- May 9th
- May 13th
- May 20th
- May 23rd
- May 25th
- May 27th
- June 2nd
- June 6th
- June 10th
- Harassment (GCN)
- Act 126 Mandated Reporter (GCN)
- Act 71 Youth Suicide Awareness and Prevention (GCN)
- SEL training (Video and Powerpoint presentation) – for new staff members
- Policy 824 – Maintaining Professional Adult/Student Boundaries (will be reviewed in future faculty/department meetings)
Happy Birthday to You!
BILLHOATH - June 2
LAURA ESCUDERO - June 6
MARY OVERBY - June 20
LISA HERRMANN - June 22
JEN POLE - June 23
JEANNE COTUGNO - July 3
MILES ROE - July 8
TINA HULSHIZER - July 10
CHRIS DONATO - July 15
MARY BETH PENJUKE - July 16
CAROLYN WERNER - July 19
ROSE BANNON - July 19
LISA AMARY - July 29
JEN PETROSKI - August 5
NANCY SAMUELS - August 8
JILL GROFF - August 12
SUZANNE CRISTOFORO - August 19
KATHY BRUN - August 21
Teaching Resources, Inspiration, and Sometimes a Good Laugh!
M. M. Seylar Elementary School
Education is a very personal thing. We at Seylar believe that every child has the right to achieve their highest potential and for them to be inspired, to dream, to be excited, and to have pride within themselves and for their school community. Our mission is to combine these beliefs with your child’s innate passions and love for learning to bring together a mind’s on approach, where students are engaged, challenged, and supported so they can achieve their personal best.