Chapel of the Cross Faith & Family
Family Bible time for the week of January 31-Feb. 6
Welcome to Chapel's Faith & Family!
Water from the Rock
Who do you trust to give you the things you need?
It wasn’t long after God started feeding His people with manna that they began complaining to Moses again. They were thirsty. God had already shown them His ability and desire to provide for them, but instead of looking to God to give them what they needed, they moaned to Moses.
Moses pointed out to them that their quarrel was not with him but with God Himself. The people then accused God of leading them to the wilderness to kill them there! Amazingly, God was merciful and patient with His people and gave them the water they needed.
Dear God, often we are not satisfied with what we have. Help us to know that it’s You we really need. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Bible Lesson: Water from the Rock
- Open your family Bible or a Children's Bible storybook and read this account together OR
- Read this account using an online Bible (Biblegateway.com) Exodus 17:1–7 OR
- Listen to the Bible account being read using the video below.
Talk about it
- What did the Israelites complain about this time?
- How did God show that He would take care of them?
- What reminders does God give us today that He still takes care of us?
The Israelites were thirsty. They forgot how God had taken care of their needs in the past and they complained instead of trusting God would give them what they need.
God told Moses to strike a rock and the people saw water gush out for them to drink--from a rock!
God provides for our physical needs through parents and others who care for us. God reminds us in His Word that He loves us and saved us through Jesus.
[Jesus says,] “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.” John 7:37
Download a page of activities and crafts.
Download a coloring page.
The Lord's Prayer
Dear Jesus, give us grateful hearts. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, the bread of life, to be our Savior. Help us to share this good news with others. In Your name we pray, Jesus. Amen.
Comments are recorded anonymously, and will not be seen by the public.
Bible Lesson: Concordia Publishing House
Chapel of the Cross--Lutheran
Our Core Values:
- Empowered by the cross of Christ
- People working together
- Opening the Word to all people
- Showing the love of Jesus
- Warm and supportive environment