Mrs. Bennett's First Grade Class
August 29, 2013
We have been working very hard on writing our numbers. If you see your child with a backwards number, please have them correct it. Also if you have free time either have your child write their numbers from 100-120 or visit my website and play addition games under the math tab.
Please continue to help with handwriting. We are looking for correct formation of the letters, writing on the lines correctly, and neatness. I am only having your child write 2 lines of the individual letter and 2 lines of the word. If you want more practice at home, please feel free to have your child complete the rest of the lines.
Reading / Phonics
Ask your child about Defender C. We learned about him this past week. He protects the lonely vowel in a word from the letter k.
We are also going to begin building our stamina for reading to self, listening center, writing center, and word work center. You can practice this at home also by setting a timer and seeing how long your child can silently read a book or write. You can also get onto my website to play some of the games they will play during computer center. Go to the Reading tab and look at the Books and Working With Words choices.
- We have snack every day at 2:00.
- We go to the library on Thursday mornings. Please leave your child's library books in their backpack so they can trade every week.
- There is no school this Friday or the following Monday.
- September 11 is an early release day.
- Your child brought home a fundraiser today for the Walkathon. All money is due by September 18. Thanks for your support!
Tuesday - Art
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - PE / Library
Friday - Art