The Panther Press
September 30, 2022
March 3, 2023
Mark Your Calendars!
9- STEAM Night
13-17 Spring Break
22- FOM Open Board Meeting in Kiva 8:00 a.m.
23- First Grade Spring Program
29- Fifth Grade Wax Museum
30- House Challenge
30- PBIS Party
31- Field Day
New School Hours 2023-2024 School Year
As one of the fastest-growing districts in Texas, it is our responsibility to anticipate and respond to the needs of our students, parents, and staff – now more than ever.
With campuses stretched across 385 square miles, our families and staff have spent the last two years combatting bus driver shortages and long transit hours, and the challenges have only increased.
To alleviate these growing pains, our Trustees approved new school hours at the February board meeting. We have designed the following four-tier system, which will be implemented at the beginning of the 2023-2024 school year. This shift ensures that we have enough drivers for each route and eliminates the need for comeback routes.
Our commitment to serve the community is strong. Thank you for staying engaged. Your involvement ensures that our District carries on a proud tradition of excellence
Field Day is this month on Friday, March 31st!
Please review the link below for opportunities to help make our Field Day here at Morgan a success.
Kinder-2nd will be enjoying the outside stations from 8am-11:00am.
3rd-5th will be enjoying the outside stations from 11:15am-2:10pm.
Thanks, Coach V and Coach Jacob
Bus Discipline Reminder
Bus discipline and concerns are handled through the transportation department.
Please contact Randy Donell at 832-223-0283 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Dollie Linsey at 832-223-0556 email@example.com.
They will be able to address any issues that arise on the bus.
Fulshear Athletic Booster Club
Morgan Elementary Inaugural Gala
STAAR Testing Dates
Car Rider Arrival Guidelines Reminders
• Our doors open at 7:00 am. Please do not drop off your child before then as we do not want them left unattended.
• Please drive all the way up to the first drop-off point where a staff member/safety patrol student will be ready to receive cars. We ask that your child is ready when it is time to unload. This includes having their Morgan lanyard w/Smart Tag on, water bottle/lunch kit and backpack on.
• For safety reasons, we are not able to unbuckle safety restraints.
• All students will exit the car on the passenger side.
• Please stay in a single-file line and refrain from passing any vehicles.
• For safety reasons, the only place parents/guardians are permitted to drop students off is at the “parent drop off” in the front drive of the school, where staff and safety patrol will be positioned daily to help students exit safely from cars. Please help us keep our students safe by adhering to this guideline.
• The staff and visitor entrance will be coned off beginning at 7:00 am during morning arrival daily. For the safety of everyone, parents are not permitted to park in the front parking lot and walk students up to the front door. The staff and visitor entrance will be coned off at 7:00 am during morning arrival daily. A staff member will be stationed there to assist parents who might need front office assistance.
Transportation changes - We've noticed that some parents/guardians have left same-day transportation changes on the school's voicemail during the school day which is not checked until after dismissal. When calling the front office to notify us of a same-day transportation change, please speak directly with the front office staff. If you know about the transportation change in advance, please send a note to your child's teacher. Make sure you write your child's first and last name, and teacher's name, and indicate the date (s) for the change and how your child is getting home. Additionally, as our parent handbook states, we are not able to process changes after 2:00 p.m.
According to the elementary parent handbook, students are considered tardy if they are not in the classroom at 7:30 a.m. When students arrive tardy or if they are picked up early from school, it results in loss of instructional time. While we realize there are extenuating circumstances, we want to make sure students are not missing out on learning opportunities.
Morgan Tardy Policy :
1st Tardy - Tardy notice sent home
2nd Tardy - Tardy notice sent home
3rd Tardy - Teacher contacts parent/written notice sent home
4th Tardy - Lunch or recess detention and a referral entered in Skyward/Administrator contacts parent
5th Tardy - Lunch or recess detention / a referral entered into Skyward and sent home 6th (plus) Tardy - After school detention/Family Support Specialist visits home OR contacts parent
Thank you for your attention to this matter and partnering with us to ensure student success!
We are excited to welcome parents to come to school to eat lunch with their child(ren). We value our parents as partners in the educational process.
So that we have a smooth, safe, and efficient process for enjoyable lunch visits, we are asking that everyone follows all school procedures and show your identification in the front office to receive a Raptor badge. Only adults approved by the custodial parent/guardian and on the emergency contact list will have approval to eat lunch with a child. Anyone not on the emergency contact list will not be permitted to visit with the child at any time. Once in the cafeteria all visitors must sit at the visitor table and wait for their child to join them. School-age visitors (in district or out of district) will not be permitted to eat lunch. This includes students on a modified schedule, Elementary, Junior High, and High School.
Visitors may not sit with the class at the grade level assigned tables, but rather at the designated parent table.
- Only students eating with eligible visitors may eat at the designated table. • Parents should bring food for their children only.
- Visits at lunch are limited to 30-minute lunch period. Parents should say their goodbyes at the cafeteria door and return to the front office to exit the building. Visitors should not expect to follow students out to recess or back to the classrooms.
- Parents are not allowed to remove their children from the cafeteria for any reason without permission from a staff member on duty in the cafeteria. A parent wishing to check out their child must do this through the front office.
Attendance is very important to your child’s success in school and is required by law that your child attends school regularly and that you monitor their attendance. Students are considered absent if they are not in school before 9:45 a.m. After 10 unexcused absences, court proceedings may be initiated.
When your student is absent from school, the student upon arrival or return to school, and within 5 days of the absence must bring a note signed by the parent, medical professional, or court official giving the date(s) of the absence(s) and describing the reason for the absence.
We appreciate your support in ensuring that your child receives all his/her instruction daily.
Response to Absences
3 unexcused absences- Attendance letter sent home
5 unexcused absences- Phone call and letter sent home
6 unexcused absences- Parent meeting with Attendance Review Committee
8 unexcused absences- Parent meeting with grade-level Administrator
10 unexcused absences- Truancy filed
We're All Here Today! Attendance Incentive
Starting the 2nd 9 weeks, we will be implementing a school wide attendance incentive. Homeroom classes will receive a "We're all Here Today" sign for each day the class has 100% attendance. Signs will accumulate throughout the 9 weeks period, and classes will receive rewards based on the number of days the class had everyone in attendance. Please see below for awards.
Celebrating Our Teachers and Staff
If you would like would like to recognize an amazing teacher or staff member, please use the linked form and let that person know how much you appreciate them.
LCISD Illness Policy
If your child is sick:
- Children must be free of fever (less than 100.0 degrees) for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications (such as Tylenol or Advil/Motrin/Ibuprofen) before returning to school.
- Children must be free of diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school and need to be eating and drinking without any problem.
- If a child vomits two or more times within 24 hours, they will need to stay home for at least 24 hours to ensure they are not contagious.
- Please call the school nurse if your child has been diagnosed with a contagious condition such as pink eye, strep throat, chicken pox, head lice, impetigo, ringworm, flu, Covid or has vomiting and/or diarrhea.
- All students arriving at school by car must be dropped off from the car rider line.
- For the safety of everyone, parents are not permitted to park in the front parking lot and walk students up to the front door.
- Please drive all the way up to the first drop-off point where a staff member/safety patrol student will be ready to receive cars.
- We ask that your child be ready when it is time to unload. This means they must have their lanyard w/Smart Tag on, water bottle/lunch kit, and backpack on.
- For safety reasons, we are not able to unbuckle safety restraints.
- All students will exit the car on the passenger side, and all adults need to stay inside their vehicles.
- If you arrive after the bell rings at 7:30 am, for safety reasons parents will need to park and come in with their children to get them checked into the front office.
- Please remember that breakfast is served from 7:00-7:30. If your child is eating breakfast at school, please drop them off in the mornings with enough time to allow them to eat in the cafeteria, as all students are required to be in class by 7:30 am.
- In order to minimize interruptions during instructional time, classroom deliveries will only be made at 10:00 am each day. Items that may be delivered at this time include snacks, birthday treats, and library books. Exceptions to this policy include eyeglasses and coats. All homework assignments will be placed in the teacher's mailbox for pick up at the teacher's earliest convenience. All items brought to school for delivery must be labeled with the student's name and teacher's name.
- Balloons, flowers, gifts, and party favors, etc., for students are not to be delivered at school at any time as they can cause a disruption in the classroom.
- Any changes in the normal transportation of your child must be stated in writing with a parent/guardian signature. We ask for everyone's help in not making changes frequently. However, we understand that unexpected changes will need to happen in rare cases. These can be called into the front office by 2:00 pm. We are not able to process changes after 2:00 pm. This includes parents that come to the campus without prior notice to pick up their child. Any change in transportation arrangements for any student requires a note to the teacher. Make sure you write your child's first and last name, teacher's name, and indicate the date (s) for the change and how the child is going to get home. We ask that parents not email the change since there may be times that a teacher is not in attendance or does not have a chance to read their email.
Friends of Morgan
Follow our Friends of Morgan on Facebook and the website by clicking the buttons below. Friends of Morgan is our Parent Teacher Organization that will support the faculty, students and parents of Morgan Elementary.
Since we are a new school, they are currently working through the process for being able to fundraise to provide amazing opportunities for our Morgan Panther staff and students.
We love volunteers! As we work to build our volunteer base and systems, FOM will be working with the campus to coordinate volunteer activities. More information to come.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Elementary Parent Handbook
This handbook has been designed to give you a quick, brief list of answers to questions, which
may arise, concerning Morgan Elementary School’s operational procedures.
Our campus wide newsletters will supplement the information herein, but if procedure or policy questions are still unanswered you may refer to the Elementary Student Handbook or contact our school to clarify these concerns.
Dress Code Reminder
Students can wear the clothing of their choice, as long as it conforms to the LCISD Dress Code Policy. Access the dress code policy in the LCISD Elementary Student/Parent handbook. (Dress and Grooming: Pages 34-36)
- Crop tops are not permitted per district dress code.
- Shorts must fall at mid-thigh length
Spirit Wear Days
Mondays - Themed Day - Panthers Glow for Success
Fridays - Charger Fridays - wear your Charger spirit wear or grade level Friday shirts.
We will update our page as often as possible to share as much as we can about Morgan and the achievements of the students and staff, as well as other relevant campus and district information.
Please click on the PDF below to access the Morgan Elementary Facebook page policy.
Messages for school staff will not be checked or responded to on Facebook. If anyone would like to reach school staff, please do so by calling the campus or emailing the appropriate staff member for assistance. Our campus phone number will be posted soon.
Fletcher Morgan Jr. Elementary
Jana Simoneaux, Asst. Principal email@example.com
Jill Medve, Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Noriega, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Location: 32727 School Hill Road Fulshear, Texas