September 5, 2020
Mark Your Calendars!
Sept. 15 - Parent Ed. Night w/Common Sense Edu. at 5:00pm
Sept. 16 - HSC Meeting at 7:00pm
October 1-9 - Parent/Teacher Goal Setting Conferences
Gratitude for our Firefighters!
Principal's Challenge - Alphabet Photos!
Set Your Child Up for Zoom Success
Here are some tips to help students prepare for their school day:
- Please eat breakfast and charge your computer before the morning zoom.
- Encourage children to change our of their PJs.
- In the student's learning space, have them sit upright.
- When using a fidget, try to have your child keep it out of the sight of the camera to avoid distraction.
- Try to keep the computer stationery, again, to avoid distraction.
- Please know that having cameras on do so much to enhance connections and the ability of the teacher to read expressions of delight, interest, understanding, boredom, or confusion. If your student chooses to keep the camera off, that is no problem, but he/she is then agreeing to participate with audio when asked.
PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT: COMMON SENSE EDU
A Guide to Distance Learning at Home
With an ever-changing online learning landscape, our kids are spending an exorbitant amount of time in front of a screen. What impact does that have on their well-being? How can we ensure that our kids are learning?
Join Common Sense as we will explore three practical ways parents can integrate distance learning purposefully in their home. Families will leave with resources and a plan to address our current educational realities.
Participants will learn:
Specific strategies to engage their child in learning
Strategies to keep your child/teen motivated during distance learning
Specific ways to integrate tech tools effectively
This FREE parent live-streamed webinar event will occur on September 15, 2020 from 5pm to 6pm.
Tickets are limited for the attendees who can participate in the webinar. Tickets for watching the live-streamed event on YouTube will be available once the attendee tickets are gone. You will receive the link to the webinar or the YouTube viewing a few hours before the event.
Mrs. Lopez Office Hours (This Week: Tips on how to read with your child)
Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00-1:00:
Meeting ID: 837 0370 2089
FREE Grab n Go Meals
Union School District Food Services is excited to announce that we are now offering free meals to all students. Meals may be picked up at Dartmouth Middle School between the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Please stay in your car and wear a mask or face covering. Staff will come to you.
- Walk-up community members may pick up meals from a distribution table.
- Meals are available for any student 18 years old and younger.
- No paperwork/identification required.
- Students do not need to be present.
- Pick-up only - no eating at the school.
If you have any questions please reach out to Diane Nunes at (408) 558-4203 or email@example.com.
11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
No distribution on Monday, September 7, 2020 because of the Labor Day Holiday
Dartmouth Middle School
5575 Dartmouth Drive
- Monday (2 breakfasts and 2 lunches)
- Wednesday (2 breakfasts and 2 lunches)
- Friday (3 breakfasts and 3 lunches)
Mrs. Valera Reads Up, Up, Up. It's Apple Picking Time.
#LietzPride 5th Grade Distance Learning Moment
Find out what your child will be learning at each grade level.