Mill Pond Newsletter
December 7. 2018
Table of Decoded Contents:
I would like to give to you the first Newsletter of Generosity month! (See what I did there...) We have started the month off with a lot of great events!
- On Wednesday we had an uplifting "Come Together Dinner" (pictures at the bottom) with a cafeteria full of families, student helpers, delicious food and an abundance of generosity!
- Thursday and Friday Night we had many of our students performing with SkyRise Theater in the musical "Giants In The Sky" here at Mill Pond!
- Some of our 6th-grade students participated in the United Nations Climate Change (pictures below) meeting taking place in Poland. Our students were able to video conference with students on 5 continents and in 27 countries.
- We had powerful grade-level assemblies and lessons talking about the value of diversity at Mill Pond, the importance of acceptance in our community, and how we all must take time to ensure we are not acting in a discriminatory or intolerant way towards others.
- And of course, engaging teaching and active learning were evident throughout the building throughout the week!
Choose your own adventure of the topics covered below:
1. The Value of Diversity Assemblies
2. Parent Book Study Group
3. Spirit Wear
4. Lost and Found
5. Mill Pond Toy Drive
7. Let's Dance
The Value of Diversity Assemblies-
The assemblies and lessons we had this week were truly relevant learning opportunities for our whole school community. If these are discussions that you are having at home as well, the Anit-Defamation League (ADL) provides a great resource called Table Talk located at this link.
Parent Book Study Group
Do you want to learn how to better collaborate with your child? Do you want to help your child learn to problem solve, be empathic, as well as become more insightful, thoughtful, and resilient? If so, we have the book for you! Raising Human Beings, by Ross Greene. See PDF at the bottom for more info.
Show your Mill Pond Pride! Please click on the link to view our Spirit Wear - there are many items and styles to choose from (see attached brochure)and they make great gifts.
Items will be delivered to your child’s homeroom before the start of the Winter vacation.
Lost and Found
Please check lost and found in the front lobby, it is quite full! Everything that has not been claimed will be donated during winter break.
Toy Drive -
Mill Pond is giving back to the local community through a toy drive to support the Holiday Store. We will be collecting New, unwrapped toys or books for children –Ages: Infant to teenagers! This will go through December 14th! See the flyer at the bottom of the Newsletter to gain more information
Please be sure to register this week if you intend to play boy’s lacrosse in Spring 2019.
The last session of Let's Dance is on 12/17, and it will end with refreshments. Please note the last session will run until 7:45pm. If you can contribute water or a dessert, please sign-up at: