Christ The King School News Notes
March 9, 2021
By now, families should have received an email regarding re-enrollment for the 2021-22 school year, including a link to their online re-enrollment form. Please complete the online re-enrollment form by March 15th. If you are opting to pay your family re-enrollment fee via check, rather than by draw via your FACTS account on March 30th, please make sure that we receive that check by end-of-day on March 15th; otherwise, the FACTS draw for that fee will be scheduled for March 30th.
To aid us in making new admissions decisions, if you know your children won't be returning to CKS in the fall, please follow the withdrawal link provided in your re-enrollment email to notify us of those intentions.
If you have not received your re-enrollment email and it didn't end up in your spam folder, please contact our IT director, Vince Mongiardo, at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- If you test positive or quarantine, please notify the school's COVID contact. We are required to report these during virtual and in-person instruction.
- If you are in contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more within a 24 hour period, you must quarantine. For the most accurate results, it is recommended that you get tested no sooner than 5 days after your known exposure to the positive case.
- Quarantining is defined as staying at home for 10 days after the known exposure, watching symptoms and checking temperature twice a day. This means not just quarantining from school, but all public locations.
- When dropping off students' forgotten materials at school, please leave them outside the school's door, and buzz the front desk to arrange retrieval.
- Masks must be worn on school property at all times. Please make sure to wear your mask when coming to the front door.
As questions arise about the policies and procedures that we have put in place due to COVID-19, we wish for our parents to have a point of contact for their questions. For the upcoming year, our nurse, Shayna Elmore, will be available full-time during the school day. She will be our school’s COVID Contact. Please direct your COVID-related questions via email to email@example.com or call (859) 266-5641.
If you have any questions about whether your child can be in attendance, please reach out to Nurse Elmore, our COVID contact. It is of utmost importance that we maintain the health and safety of our school community.
If your child is in isolation or quarantine, please contact Nurse Elmore, so that we can ensure that students can continue learning via the hybrid plan if they are well enough to do so. Her contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Testing Locations
Lexington Fayette County Health Department FAQ's about COVID Vaccine
1). Once I receive the 2nd COVID-19 vaccine, do I still need to quarantine if I come in contact with a positive case? Yes
2). If I am positive, can I still get a COVID-19 vaccine? Once you test positive and are finished with your Isolation period (released from Isolation), you can then receive a vaccine.
3). Once I test positive, will I still have to quarantine if I come in contact with a positive case? Not if the subsequent exposure is within 90 days after your initial infection date; however, there could be a stipulation if you become symptomatic after the subsequent exposure.
4). If I am in quarantine from being exposed, can I still get the vaccine? We advise that you stay in quarantine and wait until your quarantine period has ended before getting out to be vaccinated.
5). Do I still have to wear a mask and distance 6 feet even after I receive a COVID-19 vaccine? Yes
6). Is it recommended that I quarantine after traveling to other states or countries after receiving both doses of the vaccine? Yes
CKS Travel Policy
Many have come to us concerned about families traveling. We all have to be protective of our cohorts.
In order for us to preserve face-to-face instruction of our students at school, we have to be extra careful with the choices we each make. We, of course, want our children to have all the typical experiences; however, we have to remember that making sacrifices for the short term will help prevent the spread of the virus, and reduce long-term negative effects on the school’s reopening and the health and safety of our children, faculty, and staff.
If you travel to or through any current hotspots, students have to quarantine for two weeks. The best place to go to check hotspots, which are states with 15% positive testing rates, is https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/.
Keep in mind that there are considerable swings and changes in all states and they can change even while you are traveling.
Parents will need to fill out this pre-screening form daily with respect to their children who attend Christ the King School. You may submit this either the evening before your child(ren) will attend class on campus, or in the morning before bringing your child(ren) to school; HOWEVER, if you submit this form the evening before and circumstances change between then and the morning, you should resubmit and take action accordingly. A SYMPTOMATIC CHILD, OR ONE WITH A TEMPERATURE OF 100.4° OR ABOVE, SHOULD NOT BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL.
On the school website: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prescreening
Alternate link if the website is offline: https://forms.gle/ULdZnyJdmUrLsUtb8
- When a cohort goes into quarantine, including the teacher, the students will use the full online plan that includes synchronous (or live-streamed video) learning.
- When individual students quarantine, without their cohort/teacher, or chooses to learn from home, he/she will use the hybrid plan that includes asynchronous (pre-recorded video) learning ONLY.
- When a student is sick with allergies, strep etc. or on a trip he/she will complete missing work as normal, using Google Classroom and Ren-Web to keep up. The student has as many days as he/she misses to make up the work.
Recent communications from CKS, along with links to COVID-19 Resources: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19
Prayer list: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-list
Prayer Request Form: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/prayer-request-form
If you would like to make a donation to those struggling during this time or if you need help, please contact us: https://ctkschool.net/covid-19/covid-19-tuition-relief-fund
C.K.S BENEFITS & YOU DON’T MISS IT!
Summer Catechesis Opportunities for Children
Before you book your 2021 summer vacations, be sure to plan around the Cathedral’s
amazing Catechesis opportunities for children!
Totus Tuus - June 20-25 (changed)
Vacation Bible School – July 26 - 30
More information to come: www.cathedralctk.org
The CTK Marriage Ministry invites you to our upcoming marriage enrichment event called, "Listening in Love." The evening will open with on-line fellowship on February 19th at 7:30 p.m., and then we will welcome our speaker, Lesley Iwinski, MD, of Growing Peaceful Families, at 8:00 p.m.
Dr. Iwinski is a retired family physician, wife, and mother. Lesley spends much of her time passionately sharing her faith through her love for parents, families, and children through many retreats, talks, and workshops.
We hope you will join us on the 19th! Please share with your friends and family!
Topic: Listening in Love
Time: Feb 19, 2021 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 865 6290 7601
From Lexington Catholic High School Head Football Coach Mr. Nigel Smith:
8th Graders interested in playing Football for Lexington Catholic High School next school year, please email Head Coach Nigel Smith email@example.com.
Attached is a workout program that can be used to help physical prepare to play at Lexington Catholic. If you have questions about the workout program, or other general questions, Coach Smith will answer them as well.
Lexington Catholic Middle School Athletics Survey
Lexington Catholic is busy preparing for summer camp and a new year of Middle School Athletics. We are always seeking to grow and improve all that we do, and would appreciate the feedback and suggestions of your school community.https://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=416898&type=d&pREC_ID=2146960
LEXINGTON CATHOLIC MIDDLE SCHOOL TRACK AND FIELD
· Open to students at any Diocese of Lexington Elementary/ Middle School in grades 5-8. 7-8th grade Athletes from affiliated Diocesan Schools ONLY MAY be “pulled up” to participate with the High School team if qualified. 5-6th graders may run in KTCCA “Youth meets” as well as Middle School
· Parents meeting at practice on March 1st
· Practice Begins March 1st, location TBD
· Fee is $200- Includes uniform, track rental fee, and meet entry fees. Fees collected after second week of practice
· Events are: 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1600M, 3200M, 100M Hurdles, 300M Hurdles, 4x100M Relay, 4x200M Relay, 4x400M Relay, 4x800M Relay, Shot Put, Discus, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump
· Lex Cath High School Event Coaches will be the primary trainers for participants, we co-practice with the High School team
· Middle School Head Coach is Jonathan Kovach, Cell #: 859-489-5845
· To sign up, email Student Name, Grade, School, Birth Date, Parent Name, Parent Phone, and Parent Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any parents interested in assisting, please indicate that in your email as well.
Past Program Highlights:
* Middle School State Championship: 3rd Place High Jump (Hunter Foster, Seton 2019), 6th place 1600m (John Reinhart, St John 2019)
* Elementary School State Meet: 2nd Place 1600m (Joanna Bryant, Christ the King 2019), 2nd Place Shot Put (Thomas Gerke, Christ the King 2019)
*Boys Middle School State qualifiers in 100m, 200m, Long Jump (Walker Hall, Seton), 400m (Sam Clements, Sts Peter and Paul), 800m (Chris Kern, Mary Queen), 1600m (John Reinhart, St John and Chris Kern, Mary Queen), 3200m (Rowan Williams, Christ the King), High Jump (Hunter Foster, Seton)
* Girls Middle School State qualifiers in 100m Hurdles, 300m Hurdles, High Jump (Kate Regard, Sts Peter and Paul), 1600m (Joanna Bryant, Christ the King), and Long Jump (Cassidy Smith, Christ the King)
Lexington Catholic Football
8th Grade Families,
Lexington Catholic Football will be starting workout sessions for players that will be Freshmen next year.
Starting next week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:45-4:45, Strength and Conditioning Activity for the current 8th grade class will be held at Lexington Catholic High School, in the Fieldhouse behind the school. We understand that Middle School Basketball is still going on, and there are other events, schedules and transportation to work out-just try to take advantage of whatever days you can. These sessions for 8th graders will be held on this schedule for the for next few weeks.
Things that will be needed for workouts:
Wear your mask as you are screened in for entry at the right side (as you face the Fieldhouse) locker room door
Bring your own water bottle.
Workout Clothing- shoes/sneakers
Wednesdays will be the day more outdoor activity (weather permitting) occurs, so cleats can be brought that day. Still have sneakers that day as well.
March 8-9, 2021- Spring Conferences
March 10, 2021- Spirit Day
March 15th and 16th , 2021- Reconciliation (3rd-8th Grades)
March 23, 2021- Diocesan Spelling Bee (3-5 @ 10 a.m., MS @ 11 a.m.) & Parent Education Night with Dr. Dalton (7 p.m.)
March 25, 2021- Virtual Stations of the Cross (9 a.m.)
March 29 - April 2, 2021- SPRING BREAK, No School
May- TBA- BBF, details coming soon!
Renrollment/Tuition/ FACTS: David Stromquist, email@example.com
Admissions: Amy Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Support: Vince Mongiardo, email@example.com
Communications: Kelley Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID Exposure, Positive, Health Related Questions: Shayna Elmore, email@example.com