Carolina Springs Middle School
August Calendar Events
August 7 - REGISTRATION 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
August 8 - Husky Camp for rising 6th graders 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
August 21 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
August 27 - Open House 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
August 27-31 - Scholastic Book Fair: Mon.-Th, 7:30 to 4:00, Fri. 7:30 to 1:30. Also during OPEN HOUSE on Aug. 17.
Sept. 3 - LABOR DAY HOLIDAY (No school)
BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
Registration for all students will take place on Tuesday, August 7th from 7:30 am - 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Soon, you will be receiving an email with an Online Registration Snapcode that will allow you to complete most of the registration process online. Here is a link to the online registration to use once you receive the code and here is a link to district back to school information. You can expedite your registration process by prepaying online by 6:00 am on Monday, August 6th.
Here are some reminders to help make your registration process efficient and easy:
(1) To provide proof of residency, bring the most current electric statement, water statement, or lease/rental agreement. The electric statement, water statement or lease/rental agreement must be listed in the parent’s/legal guardian’s name and home address within our attendance area.
(2) The parent/legal guardian should bring a valid South Carolina driver’s license or other state or federal photograph identification that shows the legal residence of the parent/legal guardian.
(3) If you have been pre-approved for free/reduced lunch, please bring the approval letter with you to registration. To apply use this link.
(4) A reminder that all 7th grade students must have a Tdap booster before picking up their schedule. In order to register your seventh-grader, you will need to bring a completed South Carolina Certificate of Immunization that shows that your child has received a Tdap booster. If you have questions, please give us a call. Check with your doctor or a local pharmacy for availability of the booster shot. More information about required immunizations is available here.
Information about bus routes will be available during registration. Transportation information is also available here.
You can pay for cafeteria meals at any time. Please click here for 2018-2019 meal prices.
Online payments for meals can be made here.
Regular Office Hours have resumed!
SAVE THE DATES!!!
Please mark these exciting upcoming events on your calendar! More information will be coming soon!
*AUGUST 7 - CSMS REGISTRATION from 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon and 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
*AUGUST 8 - HUSKY CAMP FOR 6TH GRADE STUDENTS 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
*AUGUST 21 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
*AUGUST 27 - OPEN HOUSE 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Learning Commons/Library Information
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR will be on CSM campus on August 27 - 31, including during Open House on Monday, Aug. 27. Book Fair flyers will go home during the first few days of school, but you can shop ONLINE at http://www.scholastic.com/bf/carolinaspringsmiddleschool
from Aug. 22-Sept. 4. Thank you for your support!
Be on the lookout for information about "Read Your Way to the Big Game," a reading incentive program sponsored by SC Department of Education.If your student lost a book last year, please have them search for it everywhere at home!! If they find it, return it to the main office. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Self in the Learning Commons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publix Partners Wants To Contribute To Our Huskies!
WKHS Athletics Camps Information
CSMS Football Summer Practice/Conditioning Schedule
Summer Volleyball Practice
Do you dream of being a TV star?
Little Timberwolf Colorguard Camp
Need a Lift?
Remember Your Photo ID
We welcome visitors to Carolina Springs Middle School, but please remember to have your photo ID with you so that you can sign in at the Main Office front desk for a visitor's pass. Also, if you should ever need to dismiss your student from school early, you will need to provide your photo ID.
Check Out CSMS Menus on Mealviewer
Families, you can now use Mealviewer to see what is on the breakfast and lunch menu each day. You can view or print menus from home by accessing the website. You also have the option of downloading the Mealviewer app to your smartphone! Click on the link below to visit the Mealviewer website.
20 Book Challenge - Let's Read More, Huskies!
CSMS students are expected to participate in a school-wide challenge to read at least 20 books this year, from a variety of different types of books! Students will win prizes when they finish 5, 10, 15 & 20 books. Ask your Husky what they're reading!
Remember Your Photo ID
Check Out CSMS Menus on Mealviewer
General School News for Parents
We need your help!
We do not dismiss students after 3:15 p.m. THANK YOU so much for your cooperation!
AFTERNOON CAR LINE PROCEDURES
- Always pull forward so that there is not a gap between your car and the car in front of you.
- Your child will know to walk up with you while you are filling the gap.
- If you are picking up your child from the parking lot, please know that you must park and cross the crosswalk to retrieve your child.
If you have any questions about Lexington One student policies or procedures, the Student Handbook has a wealth of information.
Are you signed up for REMIND texts from CSMS?
REMIND is a new communication tool that we are trying out this year. It allows us to send you text messages about the happenings around CSMS. Joining is easy! Just text @carolinasp to the number 81010. We also have grade level specific texts. Please text @6huskies for 6th grade information, @7huskies for 7th grade information, and @8huskies for 8th grade information.
If you have trouble with 81010, try texting to (803) 334-3452.