THE 10 CORE RULES OF NETIQUETTE
1) Spell check and proof read all written internet communication because errors diminish the credibility of the message.
2) Do not write in all capital letters because all caps are considered shouting when written on the internet.
3) Tell the truth online because honesty creates the best online experience. Do not lie in account profiles.
4) Do not do things online you would not do in reality. Be yourself, you are not anonymous.
5) Do not flame or respond to flames because personal insults are uncivilized and netiquette is civilized.
6) Do not spam or follow pop-up and spam links because they can lead to viruses, spyware, and malware.
7) Be conservative in email you send and liberal in email you receive because quality is better than quantity.
8) Do not send email at night because normal people sleep at night. Late night email may call your lifestyle into question.
9) Shop secure sites with Tranport Layer Security (TSL) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) because it protects your data. The padlock in the bottom of your browser or the site starting with https: not http: indicate they are on SSL.
10) Use discretion when sharing information online for personal and professional privacy reasons.