The Eagle Newsletter
November 8, 2021
Please click 'view it in your browser' to view the entire newsletter!
Cherry Creek Academy
Vision: Building Our Future of Academic Excellence in a Value Rich Community
Cherry Creek Academy is a Core Knowledge charter school with motivated students and responsible parents working together with exemplary teachers to provide excellent education in an environment that upholds the high expectations and values of leadership, responsibility, respect, loyalty, integrity, humility, diligence and compassion.
Parents: Please fill out this Celebrations & Holidays Survey
One Click Can Change Their Life - FREE CLASS with Officer Gray
Officer Gray is presenting at this informative parent meeting on November 10. 2021 6 pm - 8pm as part of the Arapahoe County Sheriff's department's efforts to help parents protect their kids online from predators, sexting and cyberbullying. This free class will help parents understand:
- Dangerous social media apps kids use
- Online predators targeting your kids
- How screen time affects kids emotional intelligence
- The dangers of vaping and other substance abuse
- Social media posts that can hunt your child for the rest of their life
All CCA families are invited to attend. Please remember to RSVP using the QR Code on the flyer.
ORIGINAL ARTWORKS FUNDRAISER HAS STARTED!
Original Artworks order details have been sent home with the students and the online gallery is open for ordering. The deadline for online orders is 11/18/2021.
Please follow the instructions your students brought home to order the artworks online. Also note that only the following classes are participating in the Fall fundraiser:
All Kindergarten and 1st grade
2nd grade -Ms. Gearke and Ms.Tapper
3rd grade – Ms.Truitt
4th grade – Ms. Richardson and Ms. Stucky
5th grade - Ms. O'Connell
8th grade – Ms. Lewis/Mr. Gaulden and Ms. Giroue
7th grade – Only about half are participating in Fall from all the 3 classes, others will participate in Spring
All the remaining classes will be participating in the Spring fundraiser.
There are a few sample items displayed in the hallway in school for you to check out during the fundraiser.
NOTE: CCA will give a free dress day to the class with the highest sale!
Butter Braids Fundraiser - A note from the PTO
2021 Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser
The 2021 Scrip Gift Card Fundraiser is kicking off this week! It’s your one stop for all your gift card needs this holiday season. Please check your child’s backpack for the CCA Staff Wish List and order form. New for 2021 - the student selling the highest dollar amount will earn a pizza and popsicle party for their classroom!
Need your gift cards before the delivery date? We’ve got you covered with online ordering at shopwithscrip.com, our school code is 6AC9BE3113436. All eCards will be delivered directly to you via email. Many popular store’s gift cards are only available by eCards like: Uber Eats, Door Dash, Airbnb, Whole Foods, Jersey Mike’s, Nintendo eShop, XBox, Sony Playstation Store, Stitch Fix and many more.
Too much clutter in your house? Why not give your kids experiences this year? Here are a few gift card ideas for some family fun: movie theater tickets, Downtown Aquarium, Chuck E Cheese, Top Golf, Build a Bear Workshop, a hotel stay or any restaurant. These gift cards also make the perfect birthday gift!
Don’t forget to check out the $5 and $10 gift cards! They make great stocking stuffers! All orders are due Dec 3rd and will be delivered Dec 13th. If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Haynes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Winter Music Festival Information
This year our Winter Music Festival is going to be pre-recorded on Friday, December 3, 2021, and then shared publicly for our CCA community to enjoy virtually on Thursday, December 9, 2021, at 6:30 pm.
On Friday, December 3, 2021, our music students in the following grade(s) will be recording their music selections:
3rd Grade (Achs and Doyle)
5th Grade (Tench and Kenyon)
7th Grade (Nolen and Leins)
Beginning Band Students
Eagle Band Students
Our 2nd Grade, 4th Grade, and 8th grade music students will be featured in our Spring Music Festival
All CCA staff and students are invited to dress up on this day.
Keep checking back here for more information and links to the event as the dates come closer. We look forward to celebrating virtually with all of you!
Attention 8th Grade Parents!
Basketball back at CCA!
Basketball season is here, and sign-ups are now open. Please register here. This year, coaching will be Mr. Loomis for the boys' team and Ms. Yamauchi for the girls' team. Please remember, as with volleyball, because basketball is an indoor sport, we will require masks for practice and games.
Veteran's Day at Cherry Creek Academy
SAC Community Member Position Opening
Support the PTO - get takeout from CUBA CUBA!
This Wednesday, November 10, 2021, the delicious and generous Cuba Cuba Sandwicheria (5322 DTC Blvd) is donating back 20% of Takeout orders to support a great cause -- Cherry Creek Academy PTO!
On behalf of Cherry Creek Academy PTO you’re invited to join us and eat out, not only in support of the organization but to show one of your Greenwood Village restaurants some love too!
We ask that you RSVP here: https://grouprai.se/e196948 (even if you’re not completely sure) so Cuba Cuba Sandwicheria knows roughly how many orders to expect & so you have access to all the event details. We hope you can make it, and please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and family. Thanks in advance for your support! Parents can log one hour of volunteer time for supporting this fundraiser as well!
Don't Forget! 15% off at Dennis Uniforms - 1st Monday of Each Month!
Covid-19 Safety Protocols on CCA Website
COVID-19 vaccinations and testing from CCSD
COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11: The FDA and CDC have approved the Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11. CCSD will host several vaccine clinics for families who choose to vaccinate their children. These clinics will offer pediatric COVID-19 vaccine doses, COVID-19 vaccines for those 12 years and older and COVID-19 vaccine boosters. Some clinics will also offer flu shots. GET CLINIC DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS HERE.
COVID-19 testing: No-cost COVID-19 testing is available at the COVIDCheck Colorado testing site at the Instructional Support Facility, located at 5416 S. Riviera Way. Get more information on the Cherry Creek Schools website. (Scroll down to testing information.) Find information on free, rapid at-home tests here.
PTO Thanksgiving Baskets
The PTO Hospitality team is getting ready to prepare our wonderful Thanksgiving baskets that we do for the staff every year. This year, due to Covid, the PTO will be purchasing items and building baskets. We would like to ask if you could please contribute a $5 dollar donation to help make these baskets special. You can send $5 dollars in cash in an envelope to the front office or you are welcome to Venmo Ms. Sourial, our PTO Hospitality chair at My Venmo @Natalie-Sourial. Thank you in advance for your help making these special for our staff!
A Message from our PTO
Please join us on Friday, November 19, 2021, at 8:15 am. Details to log in can be found on the CCA Master Calendar. We look forward to ideas and input from many members of our community!
Here are some quick links:
Future Bruins Night Grades 5-8
Order Your Cherry Creek Academy Yearbook Today!
Lego Club Winter Session - More information on our Website!
Box Tops for Education
Parents: Become a Substitute at CCA!
Are you interested in being a Substitute Teacher at Cherry Creek Academy? We are in need of substitutes and can help you become one at our school!
- Do you hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher? If you do you are eligible to apply for a Three Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link.
- If you do not hold a Bachelor’s degree, but you are a High School graduate, you are eligible to apply for a One Year Substitute Authorization through the Colorado Department of Education. Click here to access the application link. to access the application link. Daily Rate: $120/day.
Upon receipt of your initial licensure, and 5 days of working as a substitute at CCA, CCA will reimburse you for the cost of your licensure.
*See our posting for Substitute Teacher below under Now Hiring.
Bike Scouting with Scouts!
Flu and Covid-19 Vaccine Clinics
Attention 8th Graders - Colorado Early College
About Colorado Early Colleges High Schools
Colorado Early Colleges (CEC) is a network of public, charter schools where students earn a 2-year college degree or industry certificate for free in high school. At CEC, we offer accessible, flexible, and individualized education. Students are placed into classes based on their Accuplacer assessment scores, academic abilities, and career interests, not based on their grade level.
At Colorado Early Colleges, we take pride in being able to offer college, career, online, and homeschool pathways to our families. We offer:
· College options – offering over 100 different degrees through 13 college partners both on and off-campus.
· Career options – offering industry-recognized certificates through our community college partners both on and off-campus.
· Homeschool options – including on-campus part-time, on-campus middle school enrichment (on the Inverness campus), and My Tech High (online).
· Accelerated online option – our partnership with Snow College provides students with an opportunity to complete an entire associate degree through an Accelerated Online Program, at no cost to families.
· And much more!
2022-2023 Enrollment Now Open
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year opened on November 1, for more information and to apply visit coloradoearlycolleges.org/enroll. This page has basic information about our programs and campuses, as well as the link to submit an enrollment application.
School Tours/Informational Meetings
If you would like to join us for a school tour or informational meeting, sign up using the links below. These opportunities are a great chance to get to meet with our leadership team and see a little bit more of our school.
Regis Jesuit Information
Bike Path Learning
Food and Nutrition Services
An Message From Food and Nutrition Services CCSD
I am writing to touch base regarding the communication shared with the CCSD community just before fall break about several changes to daily operations in our kitchens due to increased difficulties in procuring both food and non-food items.
- Food & non-food supplies
- Our most recent supply chain issue now includes non-food supplies. We will be out of the portion cups that allow students to self-serve their item of choice very soon and are making significant changes to service due to this.
§ Fruit and vegetable selections at lunch will be reduced to 2 options of each daily rather than the normal 3-5. Our goal is to have one fruit and one vegetable that is self-serve by the students like normal. The second fruit and second vegetable choice will be served by us from bulk on the serving line.
- Obtaining milk continues to be a significant challenge and availability will continue to be uncertain from day to day.
- Per USDA regulations we will ensure water is always available for students; we do ask that you encourage your students/families to bring a re-fillable bottle as disposable cups have become extremely limited and many of our kitchens are already out.
- Entrée items will likely be changing frequently as availability has been one of our largest challenges. Menus may change with very short notice since we are not always notified what items will not be delivered until the vendor truck arrives to our warehouse.
- Entrée salads have been removed from the menu until further notice.
- For the most up to date menu please view your location at family.titank12.com; menus can be accessed by logging into an account or by clicking “Check District Menu”. If you use the “Check District Menu” button, it will show you Altitude elementary because it is first alphabetically. It is very important that you/parents select your school since the menu may be different by location.
Lastly, our departments as a whole continues to be extremely short-staffed while experiencing huge participation increases. Some delays in service are expected due to the increase in items staff will be required to serve directly onto each tray. Please be patient as these changes are temporary and the kitchen staff are doing everything they can to keep the lines moving as quickly as possible. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have.
Boy's Basketball Try Outs
Monday, Nov. 8th, 3:30pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Girl's Basketball Try Outs
Tuesday, Nov. 9th, 3:30pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Boy's Basketball Practice
Wednesday, Nov. 10th, 3:30pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Veteran's Day Assembly - Virtual
Thursday, Nov. 11th, 8am
This is an online event.
Girl's Basketball Practice
Thursday, Nov. 11th, 3:30pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Esports - Rocket League
Friday, Nov. 12th, 4pm
6260 South Dayton Street
Mathletes Meeting - Virtual
Friday, Nov. 12th, 4:30pm
This is an online event.
To Join a Meeting
- Please visit CCA's Master Calendar.
- Click on the event that you would like to attend.
- Click "click here to join the meeting" underneath the description section.
- Alternatively, you can join by phone by dialing the meeting number and entering the meeting pin.
- Please remember to use mute when you are not speaking. This is important and will reduce background noise and other complications.
Community Events and News
Tricia Downing, Member of Team USA | 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio
14603 E Fremont Ave, Centennial, CO 80112
The Parent Connection: CCSD's Newsletter
The Parent Connection is sent to parents and community subscribers twice a month with information about student, school and district achievements, financial information, staff, events, board policy and more.
Please click here to read the latest Parent Connection newsletter from CCSD.