We Do Review
Once you expect an excellent response in your plans, the natural next step is to expect this level of response from your students. But what do you do when your students aren't generating these types of responses?
When you're seeing a gap between your students' responses and your desired responses, think about the following questions:
- Which what or how key points are missing?
- What prompt should I use to get them to state their what or how key point?
When you can accurately pinpoint the answers to these two questions and take appropriate actions, you will be able to address student misconceptions and drive them towards practicing in the We Do with excellence!
Before Reading: Building a Vision For Excellence
We have begun to build up our a library of a book introductions that go after each bottom line. While not all the videos are shot in the classroom, they still give you a sense of the structure and language of lessons at these levels.
As you watch these videos, please note some of following things:
- Before Reading includes both comprehension and word solving key points
- There is a quick note on how to apply the word solving skill but not an extended practice or introduction of the skill; students would have likely skill in phonics or, in this lesson, language arts lesson
- Provide big question for students to think about when reading
- Before Reading is comprehension only focused
- Provide a big idea question
- Set students up for an independent work
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS
2/9: Marie - TK, RSCP
2/14: Julia - K, RBM
2/17: Amy - K, RNNE
2/22: Caroline - G1, RUA
2/22: Marianne - K, RUA
2/25: Stacey - G1, RNNE
2/25: Anna - K, RSCP
2/25: Ernie - G3, RSSP
2/28: Aditi - G3, RSA
16-17 RA/RC Working Group
Monday, Feb. 22nd, 5:15pm
2001 Gateway Place
San Jose, CA
RSVPs are enabled for this event.