Everything About SIDS
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
TWO NEW STATISTICS
- SIDS deaths have declined considerably from 130.3 deaths per 100,000 live births in 1990 to 39.7 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2013.
- SIDS death rates per 100,000 live births for American Indian/Alaska Native (213.3) and non-Hispanic black infants (180.9) were more than twice those of non-Hispanic white infants (88.1).
TWO RULES TO FOLLOW
- Don't give honey to a infant under one year old
- Breastfeed as long as you can