Colrain Central School News
Together we can do so much!
Dec. 3, 2021
News & Announcements
- Ms. Tina has received a grant that will allow us to provide free snacks to all students beginning in January. This will require us to make a few changes to how Snack is currently happening in classrooms. More to come on this soon.
- The 5th & 6th graders have a few raffles going on right now. The Basket Raffle consists of 21 themed baskets that are FULL of great things. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. Winners will be drawn on 12/16. The Quilt Raffle tickets are $5 or 5 for $20 and the drawing will be held on 12/17.
- The Ski & Snowboard Club will be back this year! If you are interested in learning more about this great opportunity, please contact Toby Bassett for more information.
- Our district is in desperate need of substitutes! As we saw on Tuesday, if we do not have the ability to staff, we may need to cancel programs. If you, or anyone you know might be interested in learning more about being a sub, please contact me and we can talk.
- As we prepare to enter the holiday season, we are extremely happy to know that we are all able to visit with loved ones more than we were last year. At the same time, we know that this increases the potential spike of COVID cases. We ask that families remain diligent about not sending their children to school if they are not feeling well. We continue to keep a close eye on our local numbers and encourage you to reach out to Nurse Viney if you have any questions or concerns.
- The Shopping Room will be returning this year on Monday/Tuesday, December 13 & 14th. Each class will be able to visit the shopping room and purchase gifts for family members or important people in their lives. Children can purchase gifts for .25 each, trying to limit the amount to 4 gifts per child. The PTO volunteers will wrap all gifts and send them home with them that day. This is a very exciting time for everyone and one of our favorite events! If you would like to volunteer to help please visit the link below to sign-up. All volunteers must have a valid CORI on file with the office. We are also still accepting clean, appropriate donations until 12/8 and would appreciate any wrapping paper, bows. gift tags, tape etc as well. Thank you for helping make this event for our kiddos a success!
- Coming Soon...Colrain Central School Clothing...look for information next week!
- Due to low participation the Fruit Sale was canceled this winter. If you had already paid with your order you will be refunded. Thank you to all who did participate, hopefully next year we will be able to have a successful sale!
12/8: 1:50 Dismissal
12/8: 6:30 School Committee Meeting
12/13 & 12/14: PTO Children's Shopping Room
12/15: 1:50 Dismissal
12/16: Basket Raffle Drawing
12/17: Quilt Raffle Drawing
12/23: 12:30 Dismissal
12/24-1/2: Winter Break
News from Nurse Viney
Viney Vidal, School Nurse
COLRAIN CENTRAL SCHOOL
22 Jacksonville Road
Colrain, MA 01340
413-624-3076 fax:413-624-0176 firstname.lastname@example.org
When to Keep Your Child Home and When to Send them Back to School
If your child has any one of the major symptoms or two of the minor symptoms listed below your child must remain home from school and follow return to school guidelines.
Major (1 or more)
Fever over 100.0 degrees
New muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Minor (2 or more)
Body chills without fever that won’t go away
Extreme fatigue with unknown cause
Nasal congestion or runny nose
Vomiting and/or diarrhea (if only this symptom, they need to have no vomiting or diarrhea for at least 12 hours and be able to keep food and fluids down to return to school)
In order to return to school after exhibiting these COVID-19 symptoms one of the following must be met:
Your medical provider has determined a different illness than COVID-19 and cleared your student to return to school. Doctor’s note must be provided to the school nurse.
You have a negative PCR test result done by a healthcare professional for COVID-19 AND significant improvement in symptoms. Results must be provided to the school nurse.
At least 10 days have passed from first clinical symptoms AND
Student has been at least one day (24-hours) fever free without the use of fever-reducing medications (Tylenol/Ibuprofen) AND
Symptoms have greatly improved.Thank you for helping to keep our school and community healthy. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the school nurse, Viney Vidal at 413-624-3076 or via email at email@example.com.
2022 Colrain Ski & Snowboard Club
We are happy to announce that we will be offering a ski/snowboard club again this year for all Colrain residents! It will be a 5 week program from 5:30pm-6:30pm that will be held on Friday evenings starting on January 14th. If you are interested in the club please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will then send you a google registration form which will need to be completed so you can be registered for the club. Sign ups are due by December 17th, 2021.
- Injury or Illness: There will be no refunds for single missed days due to illness or minor injury.
- Adult participants who are paying the program fee should be included on our roster, so do not forget to note if you are participating.
- All participants who will be renting gear or skiing/boarding (helmets are included with rentals this year) at Berkshire East must complete an online waiver. The waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian. You must also complete an online rental form which must be signed.
- Berkshire East is not allowing any children under the age of 7 to participate in lessons this year. Although, those under the age of 7 may purchase the discounted tickets and rentals by registering with the club. Age 6 and under are FREE!!!!
- Ski Helmets must be worn by children on the mountain. Make sure your child has one or they will not be allowed on the mountain. You can rent them at Berkshire East but they are cheaper to purchase used and/or new unless you are renting gear as it is included with the rental.
Please make checks payable to Toby Bassett. I have to send one check to Berkshire East with our registration info. Electronically fill out rental forms (if renting) and waiver forms for all participants, sign and make a copy that has barcode on the bottom when printed and return to me with payment.
Forms can be found at: www.berkshireeast.com
40 Ed Clark Road - Colrain, MA 01340
5 Weeks QTY
Ski Lessons / Board Lessons