Weekly Update 3/21 to 3/24
Monday, March 21
Poison control demonstrations in Ixonia Library
Week 4 reading logs go home
Tuesday, March 22
BLT Meeting 7:15 am
Art awards show at Roots Coffee Shop in Oconomowoc, 6:00 pm (Mikey Romand and Sawyer Schroeder have art on display)
Wednesday, March 23
Shredding bin swapped out - bring anything you have to be taken away!
3rd grade field trip to OAC “Jack and the Beanstalk” 12:30-2:!5 pm
Thursday, March 24
Final reading logs to be returned
PBIS Celebration and Egg Crack Off (stay tuned for some wonderful surprises!) - 2:30 p.m. (GYM)
Friday, March 25-April 3
Back to school April 4 - Dee comes back!
April 4 - Running Club begins - Kayla
April 5 - Staff Meeting 7:30-8:15 am
April 5 - PBIS Kick-off - video in classrooms
April 5-April 12: 3rd & 4th grade Forward testing
BLT Meeting Tuesday 7:30-8:15 (LIBRARY)
- Determine conference dates
- April Environmental activities
PALS testing changes GRADES 1 & 2
Great news from the state & district regarding changes PALS minimum requirements for grades 1-2 for this year (see link):
As you can see, the Entry Level Summed Score tasks they describe are the only tasks that are required this year. They make up the Summed Score with is the data that we use when analyzing our school and students.
Because the reading passages in the PALS testing is duplicated with our F and P and MAP assessments, the district has determined that teachers will only do the entry level tasks this spring. This will reduce testing time and increase instructional time! :-)
Behavior Teams (SUPPORT TEAM VS. CPI TEAM)
- Regardless if a student is in special education or not, if a student is struggling in your classroom, please call the office first. The office will communicate with the support team member on-call to come and assist.
- If the support person comes to assist and determines that the child is unsafe and might need a possible restraint, they will call the office for the "CPI team"
- The "CPI team" will always be called over the PA system so that all team members who are available can gather. The location will also be indicated. So everyone is clear: Room 19 = sensory room; Room 1 = the special ed/resource room.
- If the location is near you, please close your door and minimize students coming and going from your room. If you are traveling to a special, please consider your path to avoid that area. We will have a person available to redirect kids/adults if needed, but it is most helpful if they can just stay out of that area.
- If CPI team is called, please do not try to engage in any type of conversation with those staff members, it is important that they stay focused on de-escalating that situation.
- When the safety threat is gone, an announcement will be made: "CPI Clear."
Bus Duty and Recess Supervision
Just a reminder to all staff members that everyone has been assigned to recess and bus supervision. As the year comes closer to the end, it's easy for those duties to slip our minds. I've attached the spreadsheet in case you've forgotten. :-)
Angie, Vickie (Dawn), and Deb, are out there daily so they are most familiar with kids' routines. If anything needs to be communicated to the office and I am not outside, please first check with Angie (PM) or Deb (AM).
Field Day Planning Team
Stay Interview Survey
After 7 months with the Ixonia staff, Bridget's last day will be on Thursday. Please make sure to wish her well as she takes her turn to have a baby! She's been a great member of our school community. Thanks for all your hard work!
It has been shared that Jennifer will not be back for the remainder of the school year. We continue to keep her in our thoughts and prayers. We look forward to Jennifer's return to Ixonia as a 1st grade teacher in the fall! Dawn has agreed to stay with us through the rest of the school year.
New music long-term sub
Amy Ciesielski's maternity leave begins on Monday (no baby news yet!). Please welcome Kimberlie Hillmer to our school on Monday morning. She will be with us through the remainder of the year. Kimberlie will run the talent show (details soon to be communicated) and the 4th grade concert (embedded in the moving on ceremony).
Update on the School Perceptions Survey
Here's a link to frequently asked questions regarding our facilities: http://www.oasd.k12.wi.us/page.cfm?p=6584
The following documents are included to help understand the process:
· “Staff Flyer” simplifies the survey process and timeline
· “Survey Options” is an overview of what’s being tested in the survey.