October 27, 2023
HTMS Daily Announcements - Parents Please Read for Weekly Updates
HTMS Teacher of the Year for 2024-2025
HTMS Chromebook Update - Parents Please Read!!
Due to excessive damages to our TCS issued student devices we have implemented a new set of procedures that are geared toward student accountability. Please review the “Take Care of Your Chromebook” graphic with your HTMS student. This graphic outlines student responsibility, student accountability and explains our view of excessive damage. Excessive damage to a TCS issued device could include intentional damage or repeated damage due to negligent behavior. Chromebooks with excessive damage will be handed over to an administrator. Administrators will contact students and parents as needed based on the extent of the damage.
HTMS Counselors - October Update
HTMS Student Excellence
HTMS Band Fall Concert!!
HTMS Blacklight Show - Great job by Mrs. Bruno and all her students!!
We Love Our Life Skills Classes and enjoyed our Halloween Trick or Treat!!
HTMS Loves Our Teachers
What Is Exact Path and How Is it Being Used to Support Students at School??
Appropriate Handling of Student Related Concerns...
- Start with contacting the teacher if the concern is class related. The teacher will be responsive, helpful, and understanding.
- If there are continuing concerns or if the concern is not class related, please contact the grade level counselor or an assistant principal.
- The counselor or assistant principal will consult Mr. Meads, HTMS Principal as needed. However, if for any reason the concern is not resolved by the counselor or assistant principal, please contact Mr. Meads.
Attention - School Nurse Information
HTMS General Reminders for 2023-2024
Reminders - along with our new TCS Handbook
- Student cell phones should be locked in school lockers throughout the school day. They are not allowed to have them in class. If a student's phone is taken up by a teacher, a parent will have to pick it up from the front office. If smart watches are used as phones, they will be taken up as well.
- Students are not allowed to walk through halls with ear buds in ears.
- Backpacks, tote bags, etc. should be locked in lockers throughout the school day.
- Student Expectation for extra-curricular events: All students should be accompanied by an adult to extra-curricular events. If a student is dropped off a guardian will be contacted for the student to be picked up from the event.
- Please review the below TCS Parent and Student Handbook for Dress Code, Code of Conduct, and Additional Updates.
Morning Drop Off Reminders
- Do not drop students off in carline before 7:20. This is a huge safety concern! We do not have teachers on morning duty before then.
- Please pull all the way down in front of field house to drop off... do not stop in front of the gym.
- Do not pull around by the baseball fields to drop off.
- Remind your student that food must be eaten before morning drop off. No food is allowed in the gym. Students may go to the lunchroom for breakfast.
- Students should never be dropped off in the parking lot by the lunchroom (where buses drop off).
- If a student arrives at 7:55 or later, they need to report to the front office.
Afternoon Dismissal Reminders
- HTMS is not a walking campus for students. Some student-athletes might walk with their coach to the stadium or civic center, but they are under the supervision of a coach.
- Please encourage your student to look for their car while they are in carline to help keep it moving.
- Students should be picked up no later than 3:30 in the afternoon.
Absences from School
- A parent excuse or doctor's excuse must be turned in to the MAIN OFFICE within 3 days of your student's absence.
- Students are allowed 6 parent notes for the school year.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any parent or doctor's excuses.
- Please review TCS Parent and Student Handbook for all truancy information.