EGG CAR COLLISON PROJECT
By: Delaney Hall
How can I create an egg car that will protect the egg while traveling?
I think I can create an egg car by using an old pine wood derby car, by cutting a whole out of it and adding velcro and foam to be protected by.
- Speed: the rate at which someone or something is able to move or operate
- Force: strength or energy as an attribute of physical action or movement
- Inertia: a tendency to do nothing or to remain unchanged
- Acceleration: increase in the rate or speed of something
- Friction: the resistance that one surface or object encounters when moving over another.
- Momentum: the quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity
- Potential Energy: stored energy
- Kinetic Energy: energy that a body possesses by virtue of being in motion
- adding machine spools
- an empty matchbox
- plastic egg
- clear tape
First I gathered the materials I needed. Then put four straws together and glued them onto the matchbox. I used adding machine spools as wheels and I strung them on the straws. Finally I cut a hole on the top of my box for the egg to sit in.
I think the straws were a good idea but they made the width to long. I really didn't like the tape I was going to use superglue instead but it fell apart at last minute. My race was really good and the time was short.