Summit High School
- Class of 2022! It’s Senior Portrait time! Senior Portrait sessions will be held according to your student’s last name: 9/7/21 – Last names A-D; 9/8/21 – Last names E-L; 9/9/21 – Last names M-Q; 9/10/21 – Last names R-Z
- We will be having Pizza with the Principal on Friday, September 10th, for all of our Students of the Month. We can’t wait to celebrate them!
- Just a reminder that our Sadie’s Dance is coming up on this Saturday, September 11th from 7:00 - 11:00 PM. It will be a Western theme and a guaranteed good time had by all. This Wednesday afternoon is the last day to purchase your tickets!
- Congratulations to Mr. Steve Carrizales, our newest parent member on School Site Council! We greatly look forward to your input. I'd like to thank the six candidates that ran for the School Site Council position.
- The counselors have updated our Virtual Office and can be found at Virtual Counseling Office / Virtual Counseling Office (fusd.net). The Virtual Office allows students/families to navigate universities, colleges, financial aid, and other useful information. The counselors also created a “welcome” video. We hope you take a look at it to become familiar with our counselors and services offered. You can see the video at Meet Your Counseling Team / Meet Your Counseling Team (fusd.net) . Recently the counselors talked to Juniors about the PSAT and Seniors about the SAT. Starting September 7th counselors will meet with Seniors individually to go over the expectations of their senior year and to answer any questions seniors may have.
- Hello Sports fans! The Athletics Department has a "New and Improved" website, www.fusd.net/summitathletics. On this website, there is information on upcoming games and events, athletic clearance (under Forms), COVID Restrictions and more. If your son or daughter is interested in playing sports here at Summit, this website is a perfect way to get started. If you have any questions the best way to contact the Athletic Director, Rob Peterson, is by email. PeteRA@fusd.net. Speaking of sports, please view our weekly athletics schedule below.
- Parents, I would like to strongly encourage you to check Parent Q frequently to see how your student is doing. If you have any questions about logging in to “Q”, how to interpret it, etc. please contact our Outreach Liaison, Tilly Mata, at email@example.com. She’ll be more than happy to work with you.
- Assembly Bill AB 104 Information: California recently passed Assembly Bill-104 (AB-104) to provide options for students to counteract and negate the academic impact the pandemic had on their grades. AB-104 allows parents/guardians to apply to have their child’s grade(s) earned during the 2020-2021 school year changed to Pass/No pass. It is important to note that some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a “PASS” or “NO PASS” grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes. Per statue, the California State University system is required to accept for admission purposes, and without prejudice, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for any coursework for an applicant who was enrolled in a high school in the state during the 2020-2021 school year. For more information please see the attached documents below.
- If you would like to apply to have your child’s grade(s) earned during the 2020-21 school year changed to a Pass or No Pass, please complete the attached application, and submit it to the front office by the end of the day on September 15, 2021. Any application submitted after this date will not be accepted pursuant to EC 49066.5 (Section 2)(g). If you have any questions, please contact the office (see e-mail addresses listed below).
- After school tutoring is back! Students can come by the Tutoring Center (Staff Cafe) after school from 3:45 PM to 4:45 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Also, we are now offering an evening virtual session on TEAMS from 7:30-8:30 PM on Wednesdays. For the location on TEAMS please go to the Team-Summit-Students page then look to the left for Mr. Delgado-7:30 PM to 8:30 PM Virtual Tutoring.
- As a friendly reminder, students should self-screen for symptoms at home daily. If your child is sick or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19, they should not come to school. Signs of illness include fever or chills (100.4 degrees or higher), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea per CDC guidelines. Our office staff is available to assist with missing assignments when your child needs to stay home. You can contact Ms. Tilly Mata at ext. 15112 for assistance.
- ASB Packages are now available! Save money on purchasing a package for your yearbook, dance tickets, spirit items, etc. All the details are here. Any additional questions regarding ASB packages reach out to our amazing ASB Bookkeeper Magaly at: LeonMG@fusd.net.
- We’d like to suggest that you regularly check Summit’s website. We’re working diligently to keep you informed about what’s happening on campus. Also, if you have any suggestions to make our website better, more user friendly, etc., please let us know. We’re always open to suggestions.
As always, we are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
This week in Sports!
AB 104 Documents
2021-2022 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade Administrative Designee
9th Grade Assistant Principal
ASB/Student Activities Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: M - Rog
Last names: ROJ - Z