June 21 - June 25
A Note from the Principal
We made it to the last week of school! I thank you for working in partnership with us to ensure that we created the best learning experience possible for our children. Students who worked remotely learned to be more disciplined, determined, and patient. The students who came into the building were focused, hard-working, and kind to one another. Saturday's celebration of the first national acknowledgment of Juneteenth recognized the resilience of our ancestors. Our children are living proof that we continue to persevere in the face of adversity. Our children are AMAZING!
We are preparing for them to return next school year to an experience that is safe, nurturing, rigorous, and fun. In preparation, I ask that you spend this summer allowing your children to get lots of fresh air and exercise. We will have a lot of work to do next year to address the learning loss that developed during the last fifteen months. I also ask that you make sure you have done the following:
- Complete the 2021-2022 Student Information Sheet - If you completed a paper copy, thank you, and forgive me for my antiquated ways. Please do the digital version as well. The link is below.
- Make sure you are on Class Dojo - This is the only way to find out who your child's new teacher will be in September and any summer assignments. If you have not put this app on your phone please do so now.
- Familiarize yourself with the school website, ps233.org. Throughout the summer we will post important updates about next year and the supply lists for each grade. Supply lists will be posted by mid-July.
- Make sure you have the Health Screening app downloaded on your, or your child's phone for easier access during morning arrival.
I wish you a safe and healthy summer!
The Garden Club
Well, Tuesday is the big day! We are all excited about seeing and celebrating our fifth graders as they prepare to go to middle school. The schedule is below. Please make sure you remember to return your school issued laptop.
- In person Graduation Ceremonies 6/22 @ 8:30am (Ms. Hussein and Mr. Gordon's classes), 10:30am (Ms. Boyke & Ms. Humphrey and Mr. Rouse's students; 12:00pm (Ms. McCrea's students)
- Outdoor ceremony
- 2 guests per student
Dates to Remember
- June 22: Fifth Grade Graduation Ceremonies at 8:30am, 10:30am, and 12:00pm
- June 23: Pre-Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremonies: In person 9:00am; Virtual 11:45am
- June 23: Kindergarten Stepping Up Ceremonies: Virtual at 9:15am; In person 10:30am
- June 25: Last day of school
- July 6: Summer Rising program begins at 8:00am for registered students only!