For the Week of Mar 5-9
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
Friday, May 4th is now a Scheduled School Day Due to Snow Days
What's Up this Week?
BOOK FAIR THIS WEEK
Tornado Drill this Week - initiated by an office announcement
Monday, March 5 -
- You are somebody's reason to smile :)
Tuesday, March 6 -
- Do the right thing, even when nobody's looking
Wednesday, March 7 –
- Blue Plate Lunch from 12:00-1:00 (Tpr. Fenslau)
Thursday, March 8 -
- PTC DANCE at CFI at from 5:00-7:00
Friday, March 9 -
- NO SCHOOL
Have you heard the News?!
Special Thanks to Mr. King and Mrs. Brown for their efforts on the mailbox. It looks great!!
Potential Purposes (in no particular order and certainly not limited to just these ideas):
- Just for Fun and Inspiration!
- For students identified by staff needing some positive words of encouragement
- For staff identified by others in need of some positive affirmations!
- For students to write to an audience of their choosing within the classroom or school community
- An opportunity for students to practice their writing and reading skills in an authentic way
- Another way teachers' can reinforce reading and writing skills already being taught in the classroom
- An opportunity for parents to send words of encouragement to their child
- An opportunity for the principal to communicate positive and timely messages to staff and students
What can be mailed?
- Student mail should be in the form of a Postcard so that it is open and viewable for staff (the postcards are even designed to be colored, too!)
- Student mail sent in a sealed envelope should only occur if the letters were part of an activity that was directly supervised by the classroom teacher who created the letters
Who can mail items?
Who can postcards and letters be mailed to?
When will mail be delivered?
- Mail will be delivered on Fridays with collection being done on Thursdays
How do I address the Postcards or Envelopes?
c/o Teacher Name
Room Number and Street Name
Buffalo Wild Wings Spirit Bracket Challenge
The funds will be used to purchase technology for the school that will benefit of all of our students!
On behalf of the staff and students, THANK YOU, for your continued support of our students' efforts here at Turrill!! We are TURRILL TOUGH!!
Mrs. Badyrka’s class making models of the moon phases as they have been reading about the moon during reading workshop!