Week of September 14th - September 18th
This Week At Stinson.................Celebrate Freedom Week
Monday, September 14th
- Welcome Back - Hope you had a restful Weekend!
Tuesday, September 15th
- Michele and Debbie at Grade Level Team Planning Meetings
- Current PACE Students Parent Meeting 5:00-6:00 pm (Cafe)
Wednesday, September 16th
- Principal's Meeting 8:30 - 1:00 pm
Thursday, September 17th -
- Constitution Day
- Office Manager Meeting 8:00 - 11:00 am
- Stinson Star Choir 2:45-3:45 pm (Gym)
- Progress Reports go Home today for 3rd ,4th, and 5th grade students
- Cub Scout Pack Meeting 6:30-8:30 (Gym)
Friday, September 18th
- Send "Meaningful Momentos" due to Shelly
- Happy Friday
School Activities for Celebrate Freedom Week and Constitution Day
Ideas for Classroom/School Activities
· Citizenship/Character Trait posters should be displayed in every classroom. A review of these traits with an explanation of each can be found on the Elementary Curriculum Planner: Integrated Curriculum under Resources.
· The NEW Pearson textbooks start with a section devoted to “Celebrating Freedom.”
· Celebrate Freedom lesson from Law Related Education: https://goo.gl/7dumhj
· Your library should have a copy of the big book, Let’s Celebrate Freedom that was ordered for each campus. This can be used in all grade levels. Here’s a link to the PDF book: https://www.texasbar.com/media/epub/lonestarcelebrates/index.html
· Students can make a flag with their hand, a class flag with all their hands, or a Bill of Rights.
· Students could write a letter to a relative or a friend telling them what freedom means to them.
Suggested teacher resource web sites:
· Declaration of Independence video
· Liberty Kids: We the People video (21:00)
· Discovery Education We the People video (4:04)
Discovery Education has many Constitution videos (search: Constitution)
· Brainpop Videos( login: school name_1 password: Brainpop – search: Constitution)
Stinson Family Picnic
- Friday September 25th - 6:00 until 7:30 pm
- We would like for all of our Stinson Staff to plan to make an appearance at this event.
Red Security Folder
- Please remember to update your class list for your security folder as needed.
It is not too late to sign up for Optional Training for LA / SS Integration Webinars
Please go to the following address to sign up for a webinar time(s): http://goo.gl/forms/5r9vIQtJ8r
COMING UP . . . . . .
- September 22nd: CogAT Training (Small group)
- September 23rd: CogAT Training (3rd and 5th Grades)
- September 23rd: Staff Meeting
- September 25th: Fun Friday
- September 25th: Back to School Picnic
- September 28th: CogAT Testing (3rd and 5th Grades)
- October 1st: PICTURE DAY (Yearbook)
- October 1st: CORE Training
Energy Bus Peeps - Congrats!
- Charly Cobbs
- Kylee King
- Jailynn Graham
- Stephanie Edwards
- Laura Costello
- Chritina Prenzi