AISD Connections Newsletter
EXPLORING ART IN PRESCHOOL
A Quote by Pablo Picasso
WHY PROCESS ART?
Process is enjoyment and completion in and of itself
▪ Natural source of learning
▪ Process art provides the opportunity to:
– Learn how to use artistic tools & media
– Problem solve
– Enhance cognitive, motor, language, physical & social/emotional development
– Express experiences, feelings & thoughts
– Stimulate & develop imagination & critical thinking
– Refine cognitive & creative skills
– Foster success and mastery because there is no one right way required
– Learn how to think originally
– Enhance children’s self-esteem
Ideas taken from Mayesky, 2006
Children pull magnetic items through paint on a paper plate.
Collage of nature items.
Painting with frozen paints as it melts.
Children draw with a white crayon and then paint the paper with water colors.
Give the children paint palettes to use for any type of painting.
Children create their own designs with multi colors of paint and Q-tips.