Plumbrook's School-Home Connection
Week of November 21-22
November 21-Theo is Principal of the Day
November 22-Turkey Trot Tuesday! Wear your sweats and get ready to trot, Turkey style!
November 23-25-No School-Thanksgiving Break
November 28-School Resumes
December 21-Half Day
December 22-January 2-No School Winter Break
Thankful, Grateful, Blessed
There is a saying... "Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." That is a perfect reflection of what I have experienced during my time at Plumbrook. Every day, I am moved and inspired by what I see. Every day, I marvel at the incredible devotion of our staff and their unique ability to teach and inspire our children. Every day, I celebrate the amazing support of our parents and community.
I believe that the success of our school is built on a foundation of mutual respect and inclusiveness. Every day, dedicated teachers and staff nurture a culture of fairness, love and caring, all focused on the goal of providing a safe learning environment for our students and families. Plumbrook Elementary is committed to continuing this focus and supporting our families during the school day and beyond.
I am thankful that our team continues to strive for excellence in each and every classroom and to cultivate an open and positive school climate.
During this time of Thanksgiving, I want to share my gratitude and thank you for being such an important part of our children’s lives. This is a wonderful time of the year to get together with friends and family to celebrate and be thankful for all the wonderful people in our lives. On behalf of the Plumbrook Knight staff, I would like to thank you for your continued support and wish you all a safe and happy holiday.
Winter Weather is HERE!
If you are in need of winter gear, please contact me and I can help.
Holiday Elves Needed!
Staff Holiday Fun Donations
News around Plumbrook
Character Strong Parent Resource
In our busy world, quality family time doesn't always come easy. Dinner is a great opportunity - why not make your dinner conversations a little more intentional to boost your quality time together? There are more benefits than just bonding as a family. Did you know that regular family dinners can boost literacy and academic success in children and teens? We're providing you with some great conversation starters to take your family dinners to the next level!
Instructions - Sit down as a family, pass the food around, and choose a conversation starter or two. Give it some time…this process will become richer the more you implement it. Once you get the hang of it, encourage family members to create their own conversation starters. Bon appetit!
● What does Gratitude mean to you?
● What is something you are grateful for every day?
● When you show Gratitude, how does it make you feel?
● When someone shows you Gratitude, how does it make you feel?
● What is a sound/taste/smell that makes you are Grateful for?
● Share a time that someone showed you Gratitude, what did they do?
● Who is someone in our lives that we could show more Gratitude towards?
● What gets in the way of us showing Gratitude to others?
● How can we help each other remember to show Gratitude?
● What has made you laugh lately that you are Grateful for?
● What is a strength you have that you are Grateful for?
● Name something cute you are grateful for.
● What is something that makes you feel peaceful?
● Name something you are grateful for that makes you smile.
● Who is someone who helps you see the good in situations?
● Think about your day, who is someone that you are grateful for? How can you show them?
● Did someone show you gratitude today? What did they do?
● Iis there a time when you were hoping for some gratitude shown to you and didn’t get it? Howvdid that make you feel?
● What is a gratitude goal you can set for tomorrow?
● Is there something in your life that you think you should be more grateful for?
Student Council is Sponsoring a Food Drive
PEP-Plumbrook Elementary Parents News
Sign up to Volunteer at Santa Shop!
Plumbrook Spirit Wear on Sale now!
Laura Kirsch-Administrative Assistant
Erika Weberman-Office Clerk
Attendance Line 586-797-6099
School Hours: 8:40 AM-3:30 PM
Half Day Hours: 8:40 AM-11:44 AM
Office Hours: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM