Your Weekly Wellness Update
Comedic Moment of the Week
- People put family ahead of other concerns
- Less smoking
- People ate semi-vegetarian diets
- People integrated constant moderate physical activity into their daily lives
- Social engagement - people of all ages are socially active and integrated in their communities
- These populations also consume legumes as a main part of their diet
For more information, listen to the NPR story here!
At the age of 60 and after her mother passed away, she kept thinking of the dream she left behind 35 years ago. With the frailty of life on her mind, she decided now was the best time to make her dream a reality. She then attempted the distance three more times, and failed each time. On her 5th attempt, she decided that no matter what happened, this would be her last try, and in the summer of 2013, Diana Nyad became the first person ever to swim from Cuba to Key West without a protective cage, without a break on the boat, and with only a swim suit and googles........at the age of 64. Here is her story of the what and the how of never giving up.