The Collegiate Programming and Advisement Department has worked to compile a list of scholarship opportunities that range from elementary to high school. Below are the OCTOBER scholarship listings.
Local scholarships are highlighted in blue.
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS SPOTLIGHT
Horatio Alger Texas Scholarship - Ronald C. Waranch Foundation
Fort Worth ISD seniors are encouraged to apply become a recipient of the Horatio Alger Texas Scholarship - Ronald C. Waranch Foundation.
Recipients of this scholarship must:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation, and planning to enter college no later than the fall following graduation
- Have a strong commitment to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Critical financial need ($55,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred; if higher, an explanation must be provided)
- Involvement in co-curricular and community activities
- Demonstrate academic achievement (minimum GPA of 2.0); and
- Be a United State citizen
Visit website for an application: https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/.
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 26, 2021
Texas Music Educators Association
This scholarship, valued at upwards of $3000, will be awarded to prospective students entering as full-time students in a Texas College or University in the Fall of 2022.
Click here for more information and requirements.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1, 2021
COMEDY DEFENSE DRIVING SCHOLARSHIP
Fort Worth ISD seniors are encouraged to apply for the Comedy Defense Driving Scholarship. Recipients must design an advertisement that will educate the public about the dangers of
distracted driving; texting, drugs, alcohol, eating and/or any other distraction of the senior's choice.
Students must be planning to major, or be majoring, in one of the design professionals, such as Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering (i.e., Civil, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Structural, etc.) or construction related professionals such as Construction Management or Construction Engineering.
This scholarship is valued at $1500.
Click the link below for more information.
DEADLINE: DECEMBER 31, 2021
There are so many free scholarship search engines available to students online you'll get about 7 million results by Googling "scholarship search" that it can be difficult to know which websites to use.
Which sites you choose is up to you, but in case you need some help with your decision making, below are a few good starting points.
Our Lady of the Lake University
As a Catholic university sponsored by the Sisters of Divine Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University is a community whose members are committed to serve students by:
- Ensuring quality, innovative undergraduate and graduate learning experiences;
- Fostering spiritual, personal, and professional growth; and
- Preparing students for success and continued service.
Blue and White
Coastal Carolina University
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution that seeks to develop students who are both knowledgeable in their chosen fields and prepared to be productive, responsible, healthy citizens with a global perspective. To deliver on this commitment, Coastal Carolina recruits highly qualified and motivated students, faculty, and staff from the region, state, nation, and world to create a diverse and dynamic student-centered learning environment.
Chauncey the Chanticleer
Teal and Bronze
OUT OF STATE TUITION:
FINANCIAL AID HELP SESSIONS SCHEDULED TO COINCIDE WITH FAFSA LAUNCH
Fort Worth ISD is encouraging its seniors to successfully complete and submit the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Texas Application for Student Financial Aid (TASFA) forms by hosting several Financial Aid Help Sessions during the month of October and November.
>>Click here for a complete list of Financial Aid Help Session dates, times and locations.
The District also currently offers Videos on Demand, a Frequently Asked Questions page, and in-person help from High School College and Career Readiness Coaches to make filling out the FAFSA/TASFA - during any time of the year - as easy as possible.
GOLD SEAL TV COMMERCIALS SPREAD GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE MANY LEARNING CHOICES AVAILABLE TO FORT WORTH ISD STUDENTS
The commercials kick off Gold Seal season in the District, when parents and students explore the many pathways FWISD offers – from Early College High School to aviation, from cybersecurity to world languages, from fine arts to P-Tech Academies, just to name a few.
A good place to start gathering information is www.fwisd.org/choice, where there’s much more on Gold Seal Programs and Schools of Choice.
Important Gold Seal dates include:
- November 5 – applications become available online
- November 5-6 – Choices Expo at Wilkerson-Greines Activity Center
- November 8-18 – Gold Seal Open Houses at campuses
- December 12 – application deadline