October 7, 2022
End of Quarter Approaching
Each team of teachers prepare lessons to help students reach a high level of achievement in Math, World History, English, and Biology! Elective classes are helping students discover their passions and find out what they enjoy doing! We hope your child is finding success in all of his/her classes as they prepare for the future! The end of the quarter can be a stressful time for students as they worry about completing all assignments and earn a grade for the quarter. Please reach out to your child’s team of teachers if you have questions or concerns about his/her academic performance! They are always willing to work with students to make a plan to help your child succeed!
Along with being successful in academics, we encourage students to support and encourage each other with positive relationships. All students benefit from having a sense of belonging which is why the Ninth Grade Community and teams are so important to our students. We promote kindness and respect throughout the building and help students find ways to exhibit these behaviors throughout the school with peers and adults!
Fall Break for students begins on Friday, October 14. Students will return to school on Wednesday, October 19 to begin 2nd quarter!
VETERANS DAY SPEAKERS
From the NGC School Counselor, Miss Richter
Students & Families –
The end of first quarter is quickly approaching. I wanted to share a few tips and trick for studying that do not involve you cramming. Please make sure that you are dedicating time DAILY to your studies. Even if you may not have homework for the night, you can still be looking ahead. Take some time to look over these 7 tips to make studying a more meaningful process. While studying may never be “fun” it can be something that you get better at, and it can become personalized to your learning style. Trial and error are the best ways to practice. Please remember to speak with any teacher that you have missing assignments for and use this coming week as a time to improve your grades. Freshman year matters!! If you need my help, please let me know!
Class of 2026 t-shirts
How Teens' Brains Are Different
Please take a minute to watch this edition of the Milford Schools Super60. All the news you need in about 60 seconds! https://youtu.be/DtfCNBF5qE8
Superintendent Spieser covers:
- This week was Local Menu Takeover week. Milford Schools was one of only four local districts chosen to participate in this pilot program through Green Umbrella's Feed Our Future program. The goal is to encourage and utilize locally sourced produce in our schools. The kids loved the menu variety and fall flavors! To read more, click here to read an article featuring Milford Schools: https://spectrumnews1.com/oh/columbus/news/2022/10/04/-local-menu-takeover--at-regional-schools
- The teachers at Milford Schools are second to none! Incredible and memorable learning experiences happen every day in our classrooms. This week, we'd like to highlight three hands-on learning experiences we know our students won't forget! Visit us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at milford_schools to see photos!
- Penguins visited McCormick this week thanks to The Wave Foundation and the Newport Aquarium
- Mrs. Farrell made PE extra fun this week at Boyd by creating an obstacle course in the gym
- Mrs. Huggins introduced the students at Pattison to plein air painting in the beautiful Valley View nature preserve
- Fall break begins next week! Friday is a non-school day for students and teachers have a professional development day. There is no school on Monday 10/17 and Tuesday 10/18.
MHS Daily Announcements
Do you want to have more information about the day to day updates for MHS? Click here to view the daily announcements at MHS!
use the absence reporting form
call in 513-684-8537
If your student needs to have an early dismissal, please complete an early dismissal pass and have your student bring it to the MHS Main office.
School Fees for 2022-2023 through Pay Schools
Use Pay Schools to pay for lunches, school fees, sport participation fees, and more!
Click on this link to learn how to sign up and get started!
Technology Support/Chromebook Information
If the student is having an issue with their school purchased device that is still under warranty they need to go to the Media Center and talk to Mrs. Chandler. She will trouble shoot to resolve the issue and, if unsuccessful, will provide a loaner device while the student device is sent for repair.
Mrs. Melissa Chandler
Milford High School
Ninth Grade Community
NGC Student Support Advisor: Jeff Zidron email@example.com
NGC School Counselor: Kaitlyn Richter firstname.lastname@example.org
NGC Administrative Assistant: Paula Harvey email@example.com