Gateway Family Newsletter (English)
Nicole Longlee, Asst. Principal
Important Upcoming Events
- Apr. 1st---April Fool's Day
- Apr. 1st---Gateway April Soaring Eagles Announced
- Apr. 2nd---Pre-K Prime Time Reading Program, 5:00-6:30 pm
- Apr. 3rd----Student Council Theme Day, Nerd Day
- Apr. 3rd---Flag Football Practice, 4:10-5:30 pm
- Apr. 4th---Flag Football Game @ Jefferson, 5:00-6:15 pm
- Apr. 9th---Pre-K Prime Time Reading Program, 5:00-6:30 pm
- Apr. 10th---Final Day of Tutoring
- Apr. 10th---Flag Football Practice, 4:10-5:30 pm
- Apr. 11th---No School, Professional Development Day
- Apr. 12th---No School, Teacher Plan Day
- Apr. 16th---Pre-K Prime Time Reading Program, 5:00-6:30 pm
- Apr. 17th---Flag Football Practice, 4:10-5:30 pm
- Apr. 17th---Student Council Theme Day, Senior Day
- Apr. 18th---Flag Football Game @ Gateway, 5:00-6:15 pm
- Apr. 19th---No School for Pre-K, Pre-K Teacher Work Day
- Apr. 22nd---Earth Day
- Apr. 23rd---Pre-K Prime Time Reading Program, 5:00-6:30 pm
- Apr. 24th---Gateway Class Picture Day
- Apr. 24th---Flag Football Practice, 4:10-5:30 pm
- Apr. 25th---Flag Football Game @ Dodge, 5:00-6:15 pm
- Apr. 26th---4th Quarter Progress Reports Sent Home
- Apr. 26th---Gateway School Carnival, 5:00-7:00 pm
Please remember that due to OPS scheduled professional development and teacher plan day, classes will not be in session for all OPS elementary students on Thursday, April 11th and Friday, April 12th. Classes will resume for all Gateway students on Monday, April 15th.
Also, due to Pre-K Teacher Plan Day, pre-k students will be off from school on Friday, April 19th, 2019
Gateway School Carnival
Gateway Elementary invites people of all ages to our annual school carnival set for Friday, April 26th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm!!! Hot dogs, chips, pop, inflatables, games, drawings for prizes, cake walk, music and fun with friends are just some of the activities planned for this evening!
The annual spring carnival is one of the biggest fundraisers of the year and all proceeds benefit Gateway students!! Please join us for what is sure to be a fun-filled night!!
Gateway Glasses Program
- 97 Gateway students received an eye exam on the Visionmobile.
- 59 of those students received glasses.
Thanks go out to Ann Wees and Kris Zendejas in our health office for helping to organize this worthwhile project!!
Pets on School Grounds
Now that the weather is taking a turn for the better families are spending more and more time outdoors. This outdoor time often includes our pets. Please keep in mind that pets including dogs and cats are not permitted on school grounds.
Many students have a natural curiosity towards animals, but some may not know the best way to approach, touch or play with the animal. This could unintentionally cause a pet to bite. In addition, children with allergies or immune deficiencies may be especially susceptible to allergic reactions; therefore we ask that everyone please refrain from bringing your pets on school grounds.
I work with the Nuisance Task Force for OPD, as well as the coordinator for the Handicap Parking Patrol (HCPP).
We received a Mayor's Complaint regarding unauthorized people parking in the handicap stalls.
I spoke with Officer Jenny Nelson, who suggested I contact you first before we send out the HCPP volunteers to start issuing tickets.
Omaha Police Department
Neighborhood Services Unit
OPS Severe Weather Procedures
Box Tops For Education
We all shop for groceries, sometimes two or three times a week--or more!! Now turn those shopping trips into easy cash for our school, and encourage friends and family members to do the same! Just look for the Box Tops logo on hundreds of products like Cheerios®, Hamburger Helper® and Kleenex®, in almost every aisle of the store. All you need to do is clip and return them to our main office!! Thanks for helping support our school!!
Nebraska Family Helpline
Raising kids is hard. It’s okay to ask for advice. The Nebraska Family Helpline is a free, confidential resource for parents who have questions regarding their child’s behavior. Trained counselors are standing by. Have a question? Give them a call at 1-888-866-8660.
Survey Dates: August 15—May 22
How to access: www.TinyURL.com/OPSParentVoice
Notes: Parents can now give feedback throughout the year with the Parent Voice survey. Simply click on the link above!