Teacher Created Videos
Classrooms Without Limits!
Tips and Tricks
- What is your why? Establish your purpose for creating videos.
- Limit your videos to under 5 minutes.
- Include your webcam image in one of the corners of the screen.
- If you are using YouTube, be sure to fill out a Websense request in order for your students to see your video.
- Test your video on multiple devices if possible.
- Get comfortable with one tool. Don't feel like you need to be the expert on them all. Teaching is overwhelming enough as it is.
- Make sure your videos are accessible. Students have various abilities and your videos need to have captioning.
Runs on Chrome for Windows, Mac, Linux and ChromeOS
Record Desktop & Browser Tabs
10-minute video limit
Narration: Audio Only, or Webcam
Unlimited # of videos over lifetime
Drawing Tools: Focus, Drawing, Highlight, Mouse effects
Save Locally or to Google Drive
Share to Google Drive & Classroom, YouTube
- 50 recordings per month
8 hours recording time
Used on iPads, iPhones, Android, Desktop Recording
Webcam or share your screen
You can have a live chat (Q&A)! You must send your live link to Websense to get it unblocked for your students.
Automatically have a recording at the end of your session
Make your videos unlisted or private
Does not use the memory on your device
Shareable on social media and Google Classroom
You can disable comments
Done With Your Video?
EDpuzzle - Make Any Video Your Lesson
EDpuzzle is an incredible-easy-to-use video platform that helps teachers save time, boost classroom engagement and improve student learning through video lessons. EDpuzzle also collects data as students watch and interact with the video. Best of all, it’s completely free!
- Take any video from YouTube, Khan Academy, Learn Zillion, etc.
- Re-use other teachers’ video-lessons from EDpuzzle's amazing video-collection.
- You can also upload your own videos directly from your computer or iPad.
- Crop the video, use only what you need for your lesson.
- Record your voice on top of it to explain it in your own personal way, add clarifications, a warm introduction, you name it.
- Embed quizzes along the video and check if your students truly understand the lesson.
- Install the extension to simplify adding your YouTube videos.