Cooper High School
Community Service Opportunities
Flying Pig Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers/groups for the upcoming Flying Pig Marathon
When: Sunday, October 31st - 7:00 am to 11:30 am
Where: 6900 Murray Ave at Plainville Rd in Madisonville
What: Work water stations and cheer on the runners!
Other Info: Wear Layers!
- Click here to sign up
- Enter the following password in the small box & click "submit password": society
- Check that the small box next to the highlighted time frame is check marked
- Enter the required information
- Click the "Sign Up To Volunteer" button to submit your information
Any questions email Stephanie Quirk
2021 Honor Run Volunteers
The 2021 Honor Run Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k will be held live on Sunday, November 14.
If you are available to volunteer for this year’s race, we would greatly appreciate it! We are in need of people to work water stations, crossings and intersections on the course, and the finish line.
Please click here to sign up for a position.
Any questions please contact Lexi Baker, HRH Volunteer Coordinator
859-444-2126 or email@example.com
Heritage Village Museum - Haunted Village needs volunteers
What: dress up as a character in Haunted Village, work in admissions and concessions, help with crowd control, pass out goodie bags.
When: October 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23 October 2021 Arrive 5:30pm Volunteer 6pm-10pm
Where: Sharon Woods Park, 11450 Lebanon Road, Sharonville, OHIO
Click here to register and for further information.
Email Trevor Casper with any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers needed for concessions at Cooper Home Games
Volunteers needed for helping with concessions at Cooper Home Games.
How to sign-up:
- Click here: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms2/login.asp
- Select "Parent/Students/Members" tab
- Type in "rkcooperhsband" (without the quotations) for the school code
- Select "Public Calendar"
- Scroll through the months of August - October
- Find an event and select the yellow hand for volunteer opportunities
- Sign-up (include your name, email, and cell phone)
BCPL Volunteers - UPDATED!
Currently, all previously trained volunteers are allowed to return to the library. BCPL are following St. Elizabeth's volunteer guidelines.
BCPL ARE NOT accepting new teen volunteers at this time.
If you have previously volunteered with BCPL, reach out to your contact at whichever location you were serving to see about resuming some teen volunteer work.
Boonespring Transitional Care Center
Please contact email@example.com for further information on volunteering.
High School Donors
High School Donors - All Types Welcome - Students can earn 1 service hour
Click here for the Hoxworth Blood Center - Schedule page or phone (513) 451-0910.
Did you know that more than 13 percent of our total yearly blood collections come from high school blood drives? In fact, during the last school year, there were approximately 12,000 donors at high school blood drives. Since one donation can save up to three lives, about 36,000 tri-state patients were helped by students in just one year.
When donating, students should give Hoxworth the code A412 for Cooper or if they forget the code BCS is for Boone County Schools.
Please also email Ms. Hall in order that she can keep an accurate record. Students can earn 1 service hour.
Go Pantry Volunteers
Boone County Arboretum
Contact: Lacey Kessell - Volunteer Co-ordinator
Volunteers are needed to help maintain the Arboretum grounds, and staff public events. Grounds activities include helping plant gardens, pruning, weeds, and facilities improvement projects. Volunteers are also needed for special events to direct & park traffic, and to perform various other event related tasks. Link to volunteer information - https://bcarboretum.org/volunteer
Mary Rose Mission
Commencing June 1st 2021 you can volunteer at Mary Rose Mission.
What: Assist with preparing or serving an evening meal
Where: 272 Main Street, Florence 41042
When: Meals are currently served 4:00-6:00 PM each Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Click here to volunteer (for online calendar)
- All volunteers must be high school age or older. 8th Grade students may volunteer with an adult.
- Everyone must wear closed toe shoes for safety
- Bring a hat or a hairnet will be provided
- Park in the rear of the building closest to the guest entrance
- Cook shift should arrive at 11:00 AM (unless directed otherwise by the lead cook)
- Serving shift should arrive promptly at 3:30 PM (2nd shift). The 2nd shift is expected to stay until their shift has been completed (approximately 6:30 PM).
- In case you need to cancel on your assigned day, please change your assignment on SignUp AND leave a message on our voicemail at 859-292-0300.
Athletic Boosters - Volunteers Needed
Florence Park Care Center - Volunteer Opportunities
Bridgeport Health Care - Volunteer Opportunities
Shari the Bag Lady - Community Service Project
Scheben Care Volunteer Opportunities
This is a facility that provides adult daycare fo people who have cerebral palsy, autism, a developmental disability. Alzheimer's or closed head injuries. They may also possibly be stroke victims.
- Front office - filing, answering phones and pulling carts
- Adult Daycare - assist clients with craft projects, recreational activities, bingo, game playing
- Garden Therapy - care for plants or work with daycare clients in the garden.
- Set up rooms - clean rooms
Boone County Animal Shelter
The Boone Country Animal Shelter has a Teen Summer Program for students 13 and up that runs May - August - you need to have a parent with you to volunteer.
For more information call 859-586-5285.
As part of our graduation requirement, each student needs to have completed 20 hours of community service hours prior to graduating.
It is recommended that students perform 5 hours of community service for each school year they are enrolled at Cooper, instead of accumulating the hours within one school year. Deadline for Seniors to submit hours is February 15th of each year. Students are required to fill out a community service hours form and return the completed form to the Library Media Center.
Students can view service hours through their Infinite Campus Portal and are encouraged to keep track of their own hours.