The Warwick Weekly
Respect - Responsibility - Cooperation - Excellence
Thursday, October 22nd, 2015 - edited version for 29th
Coming Home Today . . . . . .
Father/Son Event Flyer
CB West Character Breakfast
Shoebox Giving Project
Unwanted Halloween Candy? Donate!
Halloween Information - Parade at 2:15
On behalf of the students, teachers, and staff, I am writing to invite you to this year’s school-wide Halloween Parade. Parents, please exercise caution when sending in a costume for our parade. Students need to be able to have a normal field of vision and they should be able to walk freely (costumes should not be too long or bulky).
We also ask that the design of the costume be on the less ghoulish or frightening side and we ask that items that are considered play weapons remain at home. Please keep in mind that we have children as young as five years old in our building. Children with costumes not meeting these guidelines will not be permitted to wear them during the parade.
Please also note: The main parking lot area will be restricted from parking as this is where we will be parading in a backtracking loop design so every student can see every other student. Parents, please stand around the perimeter of the parking lot, or on the grass islands.. Additional parking will be available at St. Cyril’s.
Only designated homeroom parents will be permitted in to the building after the parade. Please check-in through the front office. We look forward to seeing you if you're able to join us and thank you for your support in providing a fun, safe, Halloween experience for all of our students.
Coming Soon! Book Fair!
Dear Parents and Families:
Reading for pleasure inside and outside of school has real and long-lasting benefits. It unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here’s what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep pace with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Book Fair dates: Monday 11/2-Friday 11/6
Shopping hours: all day during school hours
Special activities: Family Night, Wednesday, November 4th, 6-8pm
If you are unable to attend the Fair in person, we invite you to visit our online Book Fair at scholastic.com/fair. Our online Fair is available from 10/28 to 11/10
Remember, all purchases benefit our school.
Boomerang Award Assets 2015-2016
Follow us on Twitter @
October 26 - November 10
- Operation Shoebox Project
- 2nd Grade trip to Churchville Nature Center
- Kazatsky and Parks, Trip to Hellerick's Farm
- Red Ribbon Week, Wear neon/bright colors
- Red Ribbon Week, Crazy Hair Day
- 6th Grade Halloween party @ 9:30, cafeteria
- Halloween Parade, 2:15, parties TBD by teacher
- Book Fair, Library
- Book Fair, Library
- Chess Club, 8:00, Rm. 17
- Book Fair, Family Night 6:00-8:00
- End of 1st Marking Period
- 6th Grade Halloween Howl, 6:30
- Race for Ed
- No School for Students, Staff Development Day
- Picture Retakes
- Gladiator Lunch, 12:15, Gym
- Holiday Shoebox Drive 4:00-5:00, Library
- Race Day/Race for Education
- Popcorn & Movie Parties today
Visit us on the web
Warwick Elementary School
1340 Almshouse Road
Jamison, PA 18929