Mrs. Mitzel's Classroom News
Monday, March 9 - Friday, March 13, 2015
Field Day shirts are on sale for $10. Order forms are in the take home folder.
- Each class has their own color of field day shirts. OURS are Safety Pink
- Field day for First Grade students is Thursday, March 26, 2015.
- 3/9 - 3/13 Spring book fair. Open until 7:30 on 3/9 and 3/10.
- 3/16 - Money due for Field Day T-shirts
- 3/17 - Money due for Spring Picture Packages.
- 3/21 - Tentative date for SMNE Spring Carnival
- 3/23 - Fieldtrip to Global Wildlife
- 3/30 - 4/3 - Spring Break
What we are learning this week:
Our weekly story: A Trip to Washington D.C.
Question of the week: What treasures can we find in our country?
Spelling words: boat, road, snow, row, yellow, loaf, coat, soap, blow, pillow
High frequency words: found, mouth, once, took, wild
Amazing words: nation, symbol, tourist, abandon, splinter, sunken, harbor, statue
Phonics: Vowel digraphs oa, ow; Three letter consonant blends
Conventions: Adjectives for size
Math : Comparing numbers; greater than, less than, equal to
Homework this week:
Read the weekly story each night
Monday - Language Sheet - Write spelling words 3 times each
Tuesday - Math Sheet - Sentences with first 5 spelling words or Spelling City
Wednesday - Language Sheet - Sentences with last 5 words OR Spelling City
Thursday - Math Sheet - Put spelling words in alphabetical order OR Spelling City
Friday - No Homework! Have a great weekend!
If for some reason you don't have the homework one night and need to get it, just message me and I will get it posted for you.
Thank you to everyone who sent in snacks last week!
If there are ever any problems with sending snacks, please let me know.
We have no peanut or other food allergies in our classroom :)
We currently have 27 students in our class.
Following is the schedule for the next two weeks:
Monday, March 9 - Owen
Tuesday, March 10 - Clontia
Wednesday, March 11 - Jazlyn
Thursday, March 12 - Thomas
Friday, March 13 - LeAsia
Monday, March 9 - Jason
Tuesday, March 10 - Gracie
Wednesday, March 11 - Dylan
Thursday, March 12 - Felix
Friday, March 13 - Roman
- On your snack day, please send enough snacks for 27 students.