GT Training T. Portteus
Module 2: S1
3 Big Ideas
- Ordinary students can be demoralized by gifted peers' performance.
- Gifted students can also come with disabilities.
- Gifted students need teachers to challenge them, even if it means going above and beyond.
- How can we have gifted students in a positive, helpful academic relationship with their peers in which the gifted students can benefit from helping others.
- I don't agree that they necessarily develop the same socially and emotionally, because their goals are often so focused that they do not have time for that development. So, how can we help them to develop those traits?
- Help their social development by engaging in meaningful discussions about non-academic topics.