What's Happening at Ramirez
April 4, 2021 Edition
Happy Easter Everyone!
Happy Sunday Ramirez Families!
I hope that you enjoyed the Easter holiday and spring break with the family!
Wolf PACK Pride
Ramirez prides itself on our PACK expectations. These attributes form the expectations of students and adults at Dr. Augustine Ramirez Intermediate School. We are Proactive: we think ahead and take initiative. We show Accountability: We hold ourselves and others to our commitments. We demonstrate Community: we are a group of people united together to function and work as one. We act upon Kindness: we help and care for others without expecting anything in return.
When we as a school community practice these core values daily, then our group as a whole becomes stronger. Parents we invite you to join us in supporting your student in practicing wolf PACK Pride!
"For the strength of the PACK is the wolf and the strength of the wolf is the PACK."
Ramirez Dress Code
- Hoodies, caps, and headwear will not be worn inside classrooms or buildings
- Bathing suit tops, halter tops, tube tops, strapless tops, off the shoulder tops, tops with open sides, midriffs, mesh shirts will not be worn on campus
- Pajamas will not be worn on campus
- Clothing containing emblems, lettering or pictures that refer to gangs, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, sex, death, mutilation, or violence will not be worn on campus
- Spiked jewelry of any kind will not be worn on campus
- Chains including chains on wallets will not not be on a student's person nor be worn on campus.
- Sunglasses will not be worn inside classrooms or buildings
- Shorts and skirts will be at an acceptable length while sitting and standing (Suggestion: have your student stand and place their arms at their sides. Ensure the bottom of the hem of the clothing sits at the tip of the thumb).
Parents, thank you for your support!
We are thrilled to welcome our students back from spring break beginning Monday, April 5th.
Ramirez PTA Fundraiser, April 6th and 7th!
If you have not joined our PTA, it is as easy as 1-2-3!
Hello Future 7th and 8th Grade Wolves Parents! We need you!
We are looking for volunteers to join our PTSA for the 2021-2022 School Year! We are in need of Executive Board members as mostly all of the current board will be moving on to High School! The PTSA can not function without these essential Board positions.
This is your chance to really make a difference in middle school! Yes, our students still need our help with fundraising and to plan events once we eventually go back to school in person! The Board only meets once a month but is vital to helping the students, staff and administration in whatever capacity they need us!
If you, or any other parents you know that will joining Ramirez next year, would be interested in being a part of PTSA, please forward this info to them.
Please send us an email to request a nomination form and get involved!
Click on this link below for board job descriptions!
Please ask your student these questions EVERY DAY before they leave the house for school.
- Do you have a fever of 100 degree Fahrenheit or higher (with no fever reducer in past 24 hours)
- new onset of loss of taste or smell
- new, uncontrolled cough
- difficulty breathing/shortness of breath (not due to asthma)
- fatigue/muscle or body aches (not attributed to another condition)
- congestion/runny nose (not attributed to another condition)
- sore throat
- if you answered any of these with yes, please call the front office and do NOT bring your child to school (951) 736-8241
Remote day: there must be evidence of participation in online activities including completing assignments or assessments OR contact between (teacher) and the pupil or parent/guardian to be marked present.
Please call the office (951) 736-8241 to report your child absent.
If you need community resources click the link. This includes resources to help you find food, mental health support, and rental/financial assistance.
If you feel as if you or any of your family were exposed to COVID 19 during the break, you are welcome to seek testing for your child. Each county has testing sites available.
Riverside County Link: https://gettested.ruhealth.org/home
San Bernardino County Link: https://sbcovid19.com/testing-sites/
The following links may provide useful information:
- COVID 19 info: https://www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus
- Health Treatment Centers: https://www.ruhealth.org/enus/community-health-centers
- Home Isolation Instructions: https://bit.ly/2LD927t
- Vaccination Clinics https://www.ruhealth.org/covid-19-vaccine