Buckle Up: Its The Law 🚗
Car Seat Safety
Why Are Car Seats So Important?
Each year thousands or more young children are injured, possibly even killed in a car accident. Proper use of car seats can keep kids safe. There are many different brands and manufacturers to choose from, but it is ultimately the parents decision to decide which seat is the safest for their child.
Keeping Your Child Safe:
- Find the best brand and size carseat to accommodate your child
- Always follow the manufacturers directions when setting the seat up in the rear of the car
- The seat should not move side-to-side or front-to-back more than one inch when pulled
- Harness straps should always lie flat on the child, never twisted
- Extra material in the harness should not be able to be pinched at the shoulder
- Many local police and fire departments offer free car seat inspections!
Newborn Car Seat
The straps are lying flat on the child.
Police Officer Giving free Car Seat Inspection
Always check to make sure the car seat is properly set up to ensure safety.
A Newborn Car Seat
This should be facing the rear of the car when installed properly.