Holy CrossWomen Doing Life Together
November 1, 2021
HCWomen Thursday Night Chat
This week “Grounded in Hope” VIDEO AND DISCUSSION from the Revive '21 Conference - Grounded: Standing Firm in a Shaking World
The storms of our age are taking a toll. In the midst of this tumultuous season, you need to get grounded.
Join women in person and on-line, and share the experience with women from around the globe. Expect to drink deeply from God’s Word, strengthening the roots of your faith as we learn how to stand firm together and face the future with confidence and hope.
You’ll be challenged and encouraged by speakers including Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth, Dannah Gresh, Mary Kassian, and more as we consider how to be rooted and grounded in every area of life.
Choose how you will participate, either in person or on Zoom.
Invite your friends!!! Any women 18 years and older are welcome!
Choose how you will participate, either in person at Holy Cross or on Zoom
Treat your family to the ultimate gift this Christmas as you "unwrap" the meaning-filled name of Jesus, week by week! Asheritah Ciuciu leads parents and children through the four weeks of Advent with weekly interactive devotional activities, each followed by five readings celebrating the Savior at the heart of our hope, preparation, joy, and love.
Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes
It’s Operation Christmas Child shoebox time at Holy Cross!!!!! Operation Christmas Child is part of Samaritans Purse Ministry. The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to children in need around the world. Through this project, Samaritan’s Purse partners with the local church worldwide to share the Good News of Jesus Christ and make disciples of the nations. Samaritan’s Purse has collected shoebox gifts filled with toys, school supplies, and hygiene items for children around the world. Since 1993, more than 188 million children in more than 170 countries and territories have received an Operation Christmas Child shoebox. The project delivers not only the joy of what, for many kids, is their first gift ever, but they learn about Jesus too!
Check out this video from Operation Christmas Child: Taking the Gospel to the Ends of the Earth
There are 3 ways that you and your family can get involved. Pick one or do all three!!!!
(1) GET A BOX-FILL A BOX (include $9 shipping costs inside filled box). Use an empty shoebox wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper or pick up a box or boxes at Holy Cross (asking for a donation to Holy Cross of $1 per box) and pack it - be sure to include a family picture and write a note of love and encouragement to include in your box too! Then bring your box(es) back no later than November 14th and we will take it to the drop off site. Packing suggestions Link
(2) COME TO HOLY CROSS PACKING PARTY ON NOV 6TH This is a fun time! Packing is always fun – and great time to do it with your family! You get to select from the many items displayed and boxes are provided. Write a note of love and encouragement to include in your box too! TO SIGN UP: Contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org with preferred time slot (NOV 6: Noon -1pm, 1pm-2pm, 2pm-3pm, 3pm-4pm)
Each Family Unit will sign up for hour time slots and stagger entry so that we can maintain social distancing protocols.
(3) BUILD A BOX ON-LINE At OUR HOLY CROSS GOAL PAGE ($25 per box – includes $9 shipping) You and your family get to select from the Operation Christmas Child gift choices as to what you want to put “into” the box.
When you Build a Shoebox Online, it provides believers in remote regions a creative way to share the Good News in a culturally sensitive manner. Online boxes are carefully prepared, abiding by strict customs regulations to safeguard partners who will deliver the gifts, as well as the boys and girls who receive them.
No matter which way you choose to pack your box(es), while you’re packing you can pray for the child who will receive your box! Jesus said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations” (Matthew 28:19). You see, it’s not just a box full of gifts, or a note/picture from your family --- you are bringing Jesus to children around the globe! Thank you!
Worship at Holy Cross
Sundays at 10:00 am: Three Ways to Worship
(1) In Person – Children aged 2-12 and those who serve them are asked to mask during Sunday School in the Education wing. Otherwise, masking at Holy Cross is optional.
(2) Livestream without FaceBook https://holy-cross-episcopal-church.freeonlinechurch.com/
(3) Livestream with FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/1holycross
Let's Do Life Together
Pray for each other...
Dates to Remember
- October 21-November 18 - Video Study - Grounded: Standing Firm in a Shaking World
- November 6 - Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Party - See above to sign up
- November 14 - Last day to bring your filled shoebox(s) back to Holy Cross
- November 25 - Thanksgiving
- November 28 - First Sunday of Advent
Continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel.