EVHS Weekly Announcements
Edition #6: 10.13.2020
Wednesday, October 14: Non Student Contact Day
Thursday/Friday, October 15 & 16: No School - MEA Break
October 21 and 28 - Teachers available for student support and interventions- connect with teachers for details.
(New) Davanni's Fundraiser Night For Eastview Storm Step Team
Burnsville Davanni's - 14639 Country Road 11
Be sure to mention Eastview Step Team when ordering so 20% of your total order before sales tax will be donated to the Eastview Step Team.
*Fundraiser is only for curbside or take out orders*
(There will also be a tip jar available for those who want to dine in or make donations.)
A reminder to parents that in lieu of Parent/Teacher Conferences this year, we are focusing on Mid-Term Connections for students and families from Wednesday, October 7th - Wednesday, October 14th. Click here for more details!
Your child may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals
District 196 provides healthy meals each day for all students. And your family may qualify for free or reduced-priced school meals. If you participated in this program last school year and wish to participate again this year, you must submit a new application each year. This program also waives co-curricular activity fees for the student.
Federal funds and school-related fees are determined with this information. The failure to complete the application could result in the loss of millions of dollars to our school system, which would negatively affect teaching and learning in a significant way.
All students in our district are currently eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch through the extension of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s free meals program, however this funding is not guaranteed long-term. It is important families who qualify for free or reduced-price meals still apply this year.
Order Your 2020-2021 Yearbook Today
More information about yearbooks, senior photo submission and senior grad ads can be found at www.yearbookforever.com.
Eastview High School and District 196 Text Messages
Free Lunches For All Students & Educational Benefits
The USDA announced a short-term program to provide school meals at no cost to all students. The program will last until funding runs out. We will announce when the program ends. Until then, all District 196 students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch every school day, whether in school or distance learning at home. A la carte items available at school are not included in this program. To order meals for your child to bring home for distance learning days, complete the take-home meal kit survey (click link below). If your child is enrolled in the 196 Digital Academy and you would like to receive a five-day meal kit each week, complete the 196 Digital Academy five-day meal kit survey (click link below).
Your family may qualify for educational benefits. This program waives co-curricular activity fees for the student. You are encouraged to apply with this link.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Our school nurse is Melissa Persigehl, RN, BSN, LSN, PHN. Her contacts are email@example.com and 952-431-8923. This is monitored each day of the week and weekend.
- We will be diligent in providing a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff.
- Everyone has a responsibility in achieving a school that is safe.
- The face covering policy and physical distancing (6 feet) protocol will be strictly enforced.
- When students arrive to school in the morning, they will either eat breakfast (distanced in Student Commons) or go directly to their first class for the day. At the end of the day, students will leave the building unless they are waiting for a practice or activity that will begin at 3:15 pm.
- The doors are unlocked at 7:30am for students to enter. Students should not arrive before 7:30am.
Parent/Guardians at Eastview
- To ensure and protect the health and safety of our students and faculty/staff, parents & guardians will visit Eastview by appointment only. We will do what we can to accommodate meetings through Zoom call.
- Parents & Guardians may continue to drop off items for students during the school day at our security office at our student entrance (door #1).
Let's commit to each other to (Refer to SMASH image below)
- Be Aware and Monitor our health each day (see link below for a symptoms checklist)
- Wash our hands properly.
- Maintain six feet of physical distance.
- Wear masks/face coverings.
- Show care for our community-#EastviewTogether!
From Community Education
The sky’s the limit! Lifelong learning. Find your passion now.
Do you like kids? Do you want to earn some money? Become certified to be a lifeguard or swim lesson instructor and apply to work in our pools!
Lifeguarding plus Waterpark Module Blended Learning (ages 15+)
Water Safety Instructor Blended Learning (ages 16+)
Thu, Fri & Sat | Thu Oct 15, 16 & 17 | 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. | 3 sessions | $280 | BHMS
Mon, Tue & Wed | Dec 28, 29 & 30 | 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. | 3 sessions | $280 | BHMS
COLLEGE & SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
(New) Counseling Office Newsletter
Reminder- Registered PSAT Test Takers
Test Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Testing Time: 8:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Arrive by 7:45 AM for check-in
Location: Eastview High School
What to Bring
- Two No. 2 pencils with erasers
- Valid school- or government-issued photo ID.
- Peanut free snack and water
- NO CELLPHONES ALLOWED IN TESTING ROOM
Students can view more information about the PSAT on their Student Guide online.
Class of 2021 College Process Documents and Instructions
- Watch the "Intro to the College Process" video here!
- View the Transcript Release Process for Eastview Students & Parents here.
- Watch the "How to Request a Transcript" video here!
- View the Eastview High School Steps to Submit the Common App here.
- Watch the "How to Apply via Common App" video here!
- View the steps to submit College Applications here. (NOTE: NOT for use with The COMMON APPLICATION. See Common App guidelines sheet instead.)
- Watch the "How to Apply to College" video here!
- View the steps to request recommendations from EVHS Staff Members here
- Watch the "How to Request Recommendations" video here!
- Students can find these resources:
- Schoology Class of 2021 → Resources→ College Resources
AP Exams - Register and Pay Now
EVHS Advanced Placement (AP) exam payment deadline - Tuesday, October 20th. The cost is $80.00 per AP exam. (Financial assistance is available for those who qualify for a fee reduction based on Federal guidelines: Free/Reduced Lunch Program - still register for AP exams in MyPaymentsPlus.) The Advanced Placement exams are administered May 3-14, 2021.
STEP 1: Go to MyPaymentsPlus at https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome. Under Events & Activities, go to School & Academics à High School Assessments & Testing àselect the student à 20-21 EVHS AP Subject [listed by course name] to locate the AP exam fee to be paid. There is a $40 late fee (in addition to the $80 exam fee) for exams ordered after the deadline.
STEP 2: AP students must also set up a College Board account (or update an existing account) at www.collegeboard.org. Students then use a JOIN CODE provided by their AP teacher to access AP Classroom. Once a student is connected to AP Classroom, the system is set to automatically order an exam for the associated AP course. https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/join-your-class-online.
Student and Parent/Guardian Fall Sports Surveys
Thanks to all of our students and families who participated in Fall Athletic programs at EVHS this year. It was most certainly an “unknown” if we would have or season or get through a full season, but thankful for our students to have the opportunity. For those who have concluded their seasons already or will be in the next couple of weeks with their culminating Section Tournaments we ask that you take a few minutes to fill out our STUDENT and PARENT/GUARDIAN Surveys.
Student-Athlete Survey: https://forms.gle/xYZzFwnVbAf1vH8P8
Parent/Guardian Survey: https://forms.gle/K8zBvRZPAsShwkTc7
ARTS & ACTIVITIES
(NEW) Mock Trial Kick-off Meeting
Mock Trial will be hosting a kick-off meeting for the 2020-21 season! If you have any interest in Court Trials, Legal Understanding, Team Competition and a Fun Atmosphere – this is the Team for you. No prior knowledge necessary!
Please complete the form linked here: https://forms.gle/pgbw7SbkrpUuoNHu8
Investment Club Kickoff Meeting
Investment Club will be hosting a kick-off meeting! If you have any interest in Stocks, Bonds, Investing – this is the club for you. No prior knowledge necessary!
Please complete the form linked here: https://forms.gle/xkMgYTj273ktueH59 and you will receive an email with time and date for our Kick-off meeting.
Education For Change MN Club
Any student interested in non-partisan political education and advocacy, the election and Get out the Vote efforts—we will have an informational meeting about a new student-led club at Eastview—Education for Change MN—on Monday October 12th at 1:45 (Cohort A students) and Tuesday October 13 at 1:45 (Cohort B students) in C250. Digital Academy students have the option to Zoom into the meeting too. Please complete the following form to join via Zoom:
Questions—please contact Ms. Dumonceaux (firstname.lastname@example.org)