We Are Family - April 11, 2021
We are entering into Holy Week, the holiest of days for Christians as we remember the death and resurrection of our savior. Please join us for any of the upcoming services taking the opportunity to spend time in prayer and remembrance.
In addition to the parish services below, the school will have a prayer service on Holy Thursday at 9:00 AM and Stations of the Cross on Good Friday at 10:00 AM. We will have a regular uniform day on Good Friday and a 1:20 PM dismissal (with EDM) to mark the holy day.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- All-School Rosary in the classrooms at 2:15 PM for Lent
2:50 PM Release
Regular Uniform Day
Thursday: Holy Thursday
Holy Thursday Prayer Service at 9:00 AM hosted by 5th Grade
Friday: Good Friday
- Living Stations at 10:00 AM hosted by 7th and 8th Grades.
- Regular uniform day
No School on Monday, April 18th - Easter Monday
Safe Environment Training
In order to volunteer in our school building during the day or attend field trips as a chaperone, you must have a current safe environment training on file with us. This requirement includes safe environment training and a basic background check through the Archdiocese. The training and background checks are good for five years from the time of completion.
To check your current expiration date, contact Mrs. Carson at email@example.com
To obtain a new training and background check:
- Go to the website www.archindysafeparish.org
- Create an account as this is a new system. Previously the Archdiocese used a system called "Safe and Sacred."
- You will need a passcode in order to create an account. The passcode is Archindy2021
- Complete the background check for school or parish VOLUNTEER and select Saint Susanna as a recipient of your information.
- Complete the training video and questions.
Please allow up to two weeks for this process to be completed.
Holy Week Schedule at Saint Susanna Church
A Note From Dr. Krell
We are looking for a few props for St. Susanna’s Spring Musical. If you think you have anything like this you are willing to lend out, please email Dr. Krell at firstname.lastname@example.org. See pictures for guidance. Thank you!
- A folding cot or small bed frame for a twin mattress
- Thin/light wooden premade fence or paneling that we could use to make a small fence panel. Needs to be 6’ tall or more. Can be beat up.
- A small lazy boy chair
- A wooden chest
- A small set of lockers
Supply Lists and Orders for 2022-2023
Supply Kits for 2022-2023 are now available to purchase until July 1, 2022 from 1st Day School Supplies.
Order supplies online before July 1 from 1st Day School Supplies for free shipping to home at least 2 weeks before school begins. This is not a fundraiser but is offered as a convenience to families. Online order link is
Visit the St. Susanna School website to print a supply list to shop on your own for school supplies by clicking here.
Friday Book Buddies
Easter Egg Hunt
IREAD and ILEARN Testing
IREAD is administered to third graders in Indiana to assess their reading skills. The test is made up of three sections and is administered via the computer over two or three school days. Our third graders will participate in this assessment on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings this week.
ILEARN is administered yearly to students in third through eighth grades. Every grade level is assessed in English Language Arts and mathematics. Fourth and sixth grades participate in a science assessment and fifth graders take a social studies assessment. Students will test several days for each subject area and testing is spread over a three week period. It is critically important that students are present each day. Please avoid scheduling appointments in the mornings during the test window.
ILEARN Testing Schedule
- Testing sessions will be held daily from 8:45 AM to 10:00 AM.
- April 19 - 21: Mathematics (3rd - 8th grades)
- April 25 - 29: English Language Arts (3rd - 8th grades)
- May 2 - 6: Science and Social Studies (4th - 6th grades)
Cardinal Ritter: Raider Rev-Up
- Login to your FACTS account.
- Click on "View Details" next to the heading Payment Plan and Billing.
- Click on "View Payment Summary" and ensure that you have the year 2021 in the drop down menu.
- Print this sheet. This will show totals paid per child and category and has our Federal Tax ID number on it.
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at email@example.com
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.